Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help, I feel like I'm overreacting

(17 Posts)
Shainamarpia Sun 29-Jan-17 06:11:41

So early last year I had a miscarriage. Found out I was pregnant again in December. We are very happy about it but I'm constantly terrified.
I had bleeding from 5 weeks to 10 weeks I had 2 scans in that time. One at 5 weeks and one at 7 weeks, because the bleeding had gotten heavier. All was fine at that scan and we seen the bubbas heart beating.
The bleeding stopped for about a week and a half and I started to calm down and enjoy being pregnant as much as I could with throwing up all the time ect. Haha
But on Friday at work I went to the loo amd when I wiped there was some pale pinkish blood on the paper (looked just like the bleeding I had been having) I had my book it appointment with my mw the day before and she said if I start bleeding again to phone the epu again. I did on Friday and I've to go in for a scan early Monday morning.
My worry is that they are going to think I'm at it. The last time I went (7 weeks) the sonographer was really lovely put our mind at rest, but the midwife had a bad attitude I felt like she was judging me, she was saying you won't need to come in again you're just one of those peoe that bleeds in pregnancy ECT. I felt like I was wasting her time being so concerned.
So I don't know if I'm overreacting, also my sickness is almost gone I still get a bit of nausea but no actual brig sick and no where near as bad. My breast tenderness comes and goes but seems less than usual although I'm still exhausted.
I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that I'm justified in being concerned.
Sorry for the long post!! Can't sleep, worrying too much so rambling! Any help/advice is much appreciated smile

Treaclespongeandcustard Sun 29-Jan-17 06:44:27

You should definitely go. It's better to be safe than sorry. Don't let one snotty midwife with a bad attitude put you off. Big hugs flowers

OldBooks Sun 29-Jan-17 06:46:20

Of course you should go. I don't think you are over reacting at all. Hope all is well on Monday flowers

sweetchilli77 Sun 29-Jan-17 07:28:15

I have bled 3 times in my pregnancy, and felt a bit like yourself. The midwifes to have a laid back approach about bleeding which really doesn't to anything for the anxious mother at the time. On the times i did go to EPU the midwifes did nothing anyway only ask questions (however I'm resus neg, so had anti D injections each time after 12 weeks). They always booked me in for a scan the day after.

I wouldn't worry about what they think, its your baby and you do what you.
feel is right. Thats why they have an EPU these days.

If its any reassurance, like i mentioned. I had 3 significant bleeds and imnow 27 weeks smile

m33r Sun 29-Jan-17 08:29:39

It helps me - a people pleaser - to think hat if my baby was here right now and I could see him and I thought he might be ill, would I give a sh*t what anyone thought? No way! Ignore her ... and hope you get a nice one this time. flowers

Laura05 Sun 29-Jan-17 08:46:07

I've never suffered a miscarriage so I cannot begin to understand how you are feeling but I can completely sympathise with your need for reassurance.

If it was just a little bit of pinkish discharge when you wipe then personally I would just keep an eye and see how it goes. If it gets heavier or turns red then I would definitely phone epu.

Always go with your gut instincts though. If you're really worried/concerned then it does not harm to phone your midwife or epu for advice. It's what they're there for and I've always been told by them that they would rather speak to me/see me than there being something wrong with the baby or me sitting at home stressing.

You're gut instinct is there to protect your baby and believe me you'll rely on it once Bubba arrives! I took my DS to the docs when he was 8 weeks old and was fobbed off with a cold. I then phoned nhs direct who got me an emergency hospital appointment as I was convinced the doctor was wrong. We ended up being at the appointment for less than 5mins before we were put in an ambulance and taken to the other hospital/children's ward. Turned out my son had a severe case of bronchiolitis and we were in hospital for 4days (he was hooked up to 100% oxygen and was fed through a drip).

I'm not trying to scare you but just want to highlight the importance of your gut instinct (in my opinion).

I hope everuthing is well tomorrow at your scan and the best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy flowers

Notanotherpawpatrol Sun 29-Jan-17 08:46:29

I'm so sorry you saw a midwife with a bad attitude. Go to the EPAU as many times as you need. If you are bleeding, with your history you have every reason to be concerned.
Most midwifes ibe come across are really lovely and reassuring.

ChuffCloud Sun 29-Jan-17 09:16:12

The midwife should not have told you you won't need to come in again. I had SCH and bled on and off from 6-13 weeks. I had 2 early scans, one of which was because I'd gone mental with worry and the midwife totally understood and reassured me. Even if your medical staff aren't supportive, you having your mind put to rest is the most important for you and for baby.

TwoDogs9 Sun 29-Jan-17 09:34:44

From my experience, there's always a grotty midwife in the EPAU who makes snidey comments! Try not to take any notice. Good luck with your scan tomorrow smile

haveacupoftea Sun 29-Jan-17 09:35:47

I've been in for the smallest panics and the midwives have been so lovely. They said no point in you worrying for weeks til your next scan when we are here! So dont worry, just go and get checked.

Seahawk80 Sun 29-Jan-17 10:00:17

I went to the epu at least 5 times! Like you I bled for a few weeks early on so went for that and a follow up, I bled (including clots) after sex, I bled after a cvs and then another random bleed! They were all different and each time I was terrified. Don't feel bad about going, that's what they are there for. I'm now 18 weeks and fx haven't had anymore bleeding but I don't think I'll stop knicker watching until the baby is here!

Seahawk80 Sun 29-Jan-17 10:01:50

And good luck for tomorrow. Think of it this way, if the baby is fine and a midwife makes a snotty 'told you so' comment, who cares? You've had the best possible outcome.

Doughnutsandrainbows Sun 29-Jan-17 11:57:34

Please don't feel bad for going. You are bleeding and it's a new bleed, that is what the EPU are there for. I've had three scans so far (4 previous m/c and bleeding again) with another one booked in and I haven't seen the midwife yet... i have been waiting to the most recent at 9 weeks as never got this far before.
The scans wont make everything ok if it's not, but would give you some kind of peace of mind and knowledge.
Best of luck - I hope all is ok xx

ljvans Sun 29-Jan-17 12:19:36

It's natural to be worried, if you didn't there'd be something wrong with you! I'd definitely go, you can never be too safe- wishing you the best of luckflowers

Shainamarpia Mon 30-Jan-17 20:09:14

Thanks for the support ladies! I went for my scan, turns out I'm further along than I thought, 12+2. Baby was doig headstands wriggling about. It was amazing. Still no obvious reason for the bleeding. confused could honestly be doing without it. But I'm so relieved baby is doing well. Thank God! smile

Shainamarpia Mon 30-Jan-17 20:09:50

P.s midwife was lovely and very supportive this time

OldBooks Mon 30-Jan-17 20:59:42

Awesome update, hope the bleeding settles so you can relax a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now