Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cough and a booked c-section?

(5 Posts)
LongLiveTheChief Sat 28-Jan-17 23:13:58

I've had a horrible sinus infection for 3 weeks which turned into a tickly cough yesterday. I'm booked in for a elective c-section on Monday and now I'm worried that they won't be able to complete the operation with me coughing. I definitely won't be able to stifle a cough for over an hour through the op, especially after not being able to eat or drink before the op!

Does anyone know if it will be effected? X

AbbeyRoadCrossing Sun 29-Jan-17 06:17:38

I'd ask them to be sure.

I had a lung infection and very bad cough and had an EMCS so they can do it - although no choice in my case. It hurts a lot to cough after the c section though.

Bellabelloo Sun 29-Jan-17 06:27:00

Oh no. How annoying for you. Rest, rest, rest. You still have time to feel loads better.

If it is elective would they be able to put it off for a day or so? I don't know about during the op, but coughing post a c-section (I had one on Tuesday) is painful! In fact, it is now day 5 for me and is the only thing that hurts, as well as hauling myself off the sofa! I don't mean to scare you - it's doable, especially if you hold the scar area, just not the nicest!!

seven201 Sun 29-Jan-17 06:39:24

Ring them up. Maybe they'll postpone it by a few days. I agree with the others, coughing and laughing after a c-section is the most painful bit. Hold a cushion against the area of you know you're going to cough.0'

Bellabelloo Mon 30-Jan-17 18:12:06

Did it go ahead? If so, hope all went well. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now