Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2 faint positive test results and 1 negative digital result...have the mirena coil

(4 Posts)
sazjj Sat 28-Jan-17 22:40:30

Hi all,
Im new to this but im going insane!! So basically i have the mirena coil fitted since aug 14', me and my sister always get our period at the same time every month so last night while munching away on chocs 😂 i asked her when she was due them as i was eating everything in sight to which she informs me she got them last sunday anyway we went and got 2 pregnancy tests not thinking anything of it really and i took both and the both showed a faint positive line! To say i was shocked was an understatement so i went and got a digital clear blue but it came back negative so now i dont know what to think!!! I am obviously going to my doc on monday but i just wanted to see if anyone here had any advice or previous experience? Preferable my partner and i dont want another baby hence having the coil! please help!!!

leggydisplay Sat 28-Jan-17 22:52:50

I have the copper coil and have strongly felt pregnant twice on it. Both times the symptoms have lasted about a week (sore boobs, can't bear strong cooking smells, that kind of thing) and then I've had a late period and gone back to normal.
That's the copper one though and I wonder if it's possible to conceive briefly on it. The mirena is full of hormones to stop that happening, I thought, although my colleague has a 3 year old dd who was born healthily despite the mirena being in throughout the pregnancy. It had slipped out of normal position apparently shock that's supposed to be v rare though.

I'd give it another couple of days and test again. Hope it all works out.

Ineverpromisedyouarosegarden Sat 28-Jan-17 22:57:33

Coils don't prevent conception. They just prevent implantation. sad

sazjj Sat 28-Jan-17 23:11:10

This is the thing tho i genuinely dont feel any different i had sore boobs the other night and im having the odd dragging feeling in the bottom of my stomach so i assumed it was my period coming on but nothing! Reading back on my original message i sound a bit harsh saying i dont want another baby but i honestly never thought it could happen as i had it in for 4 years after having my son and it took me nearly 4 years to get pregnant on my lil girl after having that one removed so ive been through the whole fertility process so thats why this is such a huge slap in the face! But if i am it will be loved just like the other 2! Thanks for replying☺

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now