Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Transverse at 29 weeks

(9 Posts)
Bex2110 Sat 28-Jan-17 19:39:14

Hi everyone. I had my 28 week midwife appointment on Thursday (I will be 29 weeks tomorrow) and the baby is transverse. The midwife had also told me at the 25 week appointment that he was transverse. Does anyone have any experience of this, or has had to have a c-section as baby didn't turn? How likely is it that he will stay this way?
Thanks in advance x

Gaaaah Sat 28-Jan-17 19:46:33

Plenty of people have c sections because their babies are breech or transverse but at your stage of pregnancy its not likely he'll stay that way. It's still early and there is bags of time for him to turn.

My second was breech at 37 weeks, little devil turned in the supermarket and it was such a huge movement I nearly fell over!

The midwife will likely keep an eye on it and if she has the slightest inkling he is still transverse at 35/36 weeks, will refer you to the hospital where you'll be scanned.

Barefootcontessa84 Sat 28-Jan-17 19:53:50

You've got a long time for the baby to be in plenty of positions over the coming weeks! Nothing to worry about at all at this point.

Bex2110 Sat 28-Jan-17 19:54:35

Thank you. I feel reassured now. As long as he is healthy I don't mind how he enters the world xx

ChristmasAccountant Sat 28-Jan-17 19:58:19

my stubborn ds2 was transverse from about the same time and didn't move. I had a section at 38 weeks as they were worried his position was unstable (he was belly down so if I'd gone into labour his cord would likely had delivered first which is apparently not good!)
You've still lots of time for baby to move though

McBaby Sat 28-Jan-17 19:59:45

Dd2 was head down all along and at 38 decided to turn transverse! They have plenty of time and space to turn right up to the end.

Currently 26 weeks with one that has been transverse at every check and scan!

RMC123 Sat 28-Jan-17 22:29:55

With my fourth pregnancy my daughter was head down at week over due. Went for a sweep and she immediately turned and went breech - straight to hospital- tried to turn her - no go - section scheduled for next morning- she turned the right way up the during the night and I had a water birth two days later!
Plenty of time for baby to change position!

AudreyBradshaw Sat 28-Jan-17 22:42:22

DS was transverse until he was 34 weeks, then he was "perfect position" and I had a "favourable cervix" when I had a sweep on my due date. Little bugger easy still born by EMCS because he was back to back couldn't fit through my pelvis. Don't worry about position yet, your baby will twitch around like a champ until they're born.

Pandabear123 Sun 29-Jan-17 08:47:45

I am 38+2 and mine was footling breech and then transverse at 37 weeks. I went bavk and had another scan at 37+4 and she had turned head down!! Try doing some exercises (head down, hips up off the sof a or on all 4s rocking) to help. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now