Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

19 weeks not feeling baby anymore

(23 Posts)
Beth6487 Sat 28-Jan-17 14:31:01

Hi everyone just wondered if it's normal to not feel baby move every day it's more like every couple of days
I am a small lady size 10 normally but my placenta is at the front so the lady who did my scan last week said that could stop me feeling movements at first but I shouldn't have a problem because I'm slim?
I'm not even sure I've felt the baby move yet? Not getting fluttering It feels like someone's doing a scratching motion with their fingers tips but on the inside and my stomach goes hard and there's pressure plus I can feel my heartbeat in my stomach?

Beth6487 Sat 28-Jan-17 14:31:58

I put it feeling baby anymore becaus I haven't felt him in a couple of days and I'm struggling to make him move anyone know if I CAN make him move at 19 weeks?

Quarksoundslikequack Sat 28-Jan-17 14:35:07

I started feeling baby move around 17-18 weeks even with an anterior placenta, however I haven't felt strong regular movements until I was around 24 weeks

Beth6487 Sat 28-Jan-17 15:03:54

Thanks so you didn't feel yours everyday till 24 weeks then?

buckyou Sat 28-Jan-17 15:13:17

With my first placenta was on rhe front and I didn't feel movement until about 24 weeks. Try not to worry.

moobeana Sat 28-Jan-17 15:14:09

Please call your midwife. They might get you in for a check.

My midwife drilled us to say 'if in doubt, check it out'. Please, please call.

Beth6487 Sat 28-Jan-17 15:27:24

The problem with that one is about the midwife, is that she's not working till next week and she does not answer her phone on the days she doesn't work.
If I rang the hospital would they tell me to come in or would they tell me it's normal?

passthewineplz Sat 28-Jan-17 15:41:41

You should have a list of contact numbers in your notes, for reduced movements it will either be triage or the antenatal Day unit you need to contact.

For info on baby's movements, there's some info here.
www.kickscount.org.uk/mums/your-babys-movements/

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Sat 28-Jan-17 15:46:35

Do definitely phone your hospitals Pregnancy Assessment Unit, you can phone the main number and be asked to be put through, they will probably ask you to go in to be checked. Saying that I had very few movements with a normally positioned placenta till I was around 20-22 weeks and at one point I didn't notice movements for days. When I was being checked they could hear little one moving round but I still couldn't feel it. My DD is 13 weeks now and perfectly healthy. Its scary, and you need to get your hospitals advice, but chances are your baby is fine so try not to panic flowers

jinglebellmel Sat 28-Jan-17 18:10:38

I didn't feel my son move until after 20 weeks with an anterior placenta. If you're concerned definitely contact your midwife, but I'd think it's totally normal. I'm 19 weeks with my second now, and although I started feeling movement quite early it's still not regular and I can easily go a day without feeling anything.

jinglebellmel Sat 28-Jan-17 18:15:15

Have a look at the kicks count website for good advice x

Beth6487 Sat 28-Jan-17 18:17:33

Hey everyone thankyou for your advice and kind words I've just layed on my back after what seemed like hours of trying to get him to move and my stomachs gone hard in one lump and I could feel my own heartbeat through my belly and it was like a rubbing from the inside is that baby moving?

MotherofA Sat 28-Jan-17 18:20:02

I'm 33 weeks and have had scans, watched her moving and felt nothing . Also placenta anterior . Also moving when midwife did the Doppler and couldn't feel it so do not worry . Plus you are far too early to worry about movements anyway as baby is tiny there's no way you would feel it all . Try to occupy your mind flowers

Beth6487 Sat 28-Jan-17 18:53:10

Spoke to my mum about it it was deffo baby moving when I said before! but you've all made me feel miles and miles better knowing it's okay not to feel them sometimes

jinglebellmel Sat 28-Jan-17 19:00:31

It could be, I guess it feels different for everyone so hard to say. My early movements felt more like a small twitch inside (you know when your eye is tired and does that annoying involuntary twitch?! But inside stomach). Now the are more obvious kicks. As I said though I'd not felt anything until gone 20 weeks when I had an anterior placenta, I think it was more like 22/23 weeks and I think that's pretty normal. Do you feel your movements have reduced or that you've never felt any?

I don't think they are concerned about reduced movements until a little later, as its normal for there to be no established pattern at this stage. Having said that you are obviously anxious though so give someone a call. Try the assessment until, if they think it's a concern they'll ask you to go in, if not they should explain why not and hopefully put your mind at rest. I'm sure they'd be happy to spare a few minutes talking to you if this is causing you stress.

Mooseville Sat 28-Jan-17 19:41:12

I have anterior placenta and spent ages at 19 weeks trying to figure out if what I was feeling was movement and getting stressed. All of a sudden now at 22 weeks I can feel it and there's no mistaking it!!! It's all quite low down though so I figure my placenta is at the front but higher up?

charlie20167 Sat 28-Jan-17 19:48:30

Hi I had anterior placenta too when pregnant but didn't feel baby move everyday till probably 25-26 weeks ish so wouldn't worry as so early on you probably won't be able to feel baby everyday anyway just sort of fluttering movements. Don't worry everything will be fine but if you're worried it can't hurt to ask your midwife just to give you peace of mind smile

Beth6487 Sat 28-Jan-17 20:39:53

I just can't wait to start feeling proper kicks! Shouldn't be too long now then I know he's alright in there lol

Kelsey28 Sat 28-Jan-17 20:47:02

I have an anterior placenta as well. Sometimes I can feel the baby sort of outside by putting my hand on my stomach but I can't feel her moving from the inside. I hope that explains why I really feel her while I'm at work.

harleysmammy Sat 28-Jan-17 21:18:11

I have an anterior placenta too and i started feeling him move at 20 - 21 weeks. He was very very active every day and at 23 ish weeks, i could see my stomach roll around. Last week i went in because i hadnt felt him move in nearly a day, because for the last 7 weeks he's been moving like crazy every single day they said to go in to check me out. He was okay and soon after he started kicking up a storm again. He's now currently kicking my hand like mad, everything was fine. I agree to go in or phone a midwife, i honestly wouldnt listen when they say wait until 28 weeks to worry about movements or that you dont get pattern until 24 - 28 weeks. Ive had a pattern since at least 23 weeks and have been told that its 25 weeks for monitoring, then doctors said 26 weeks, 2 midwives told me 27 weeks and one told me 28. If you feel somethings up, phone up x

Badgerbird Sat 28-Jan-17 21:58:36

It's nerve-wracking isn't it sad I have an anterior placenta too.

I first started feeling a little something around 18/19 weeks. I'm 23 weeks now and can feel her moving around a little most days, it feels like pops and wind. I had reduced movement at the beginning of this week and hadn't felt her, I then had a little old blood when I wiped so called maternity triage. I went in straight away and all was fine smile they did say to always call though if I hadn't felt her move and to not be complacent because I have an anterior placenta.

Wishing you well smile

LeSquigh Sun 29-Jan-17 13:15:55

I had an anterior placenta the first time and I didn't feel any movement at all throughout other than very late on when he was so big that limbs were poking out. Even then he was lazy and didn't do that much. He still is a lazy little sod!

This time I am 20 weeks and I feel nothing more than flutterings. Not even sure it's definitely the baby as I have nothing to compare it to. Heartbeat was very recently heard though so not worried.

Kelsey28 Sun 29-Jan-17 13:29:20

I am constantly bargaining with myself, if she hasn't moved by x time I'll call. But then it's if she's hasn't moved by y I'll call. It never ends and I would live up the hospital if I went every time I felt unsure. 9/10 she has moved in the time I've allotted her. Poor little girl! The other thing I find hard is when I express concerns to OH he always says she is probably sleeping. She could well be but she must still move in her sleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now