Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 weeks preg am I Leaking amniotic fluid?

(11 Posts)
Lauren112233 Sat 28-Jan-17 13:23:07

Hello.
Sorry if this is TMI.
I'm 12 weeks pregnant and have noticed an increase in discharge. Then the other day felt really 'wet' down there! (Sorry no other way to discribe it!) it was watery like pee, not a lot but enough to be worried! But it wasn't. No pains or anything. Then it seems to have turned back to how it was before. Still feel wet but now it's definitely discharge whereas before felt like water.
Is this normal!? Thanks!

Eminado Sat 28-Jan-17 13:24:36

Yes normal - mention to your MW at next apptment if still worried.

Eminado Sat 28-Jan-17 13:25:48

*normal to have increased discharge in pregnancy, I mean

BenisPeaker Sat 28-Jan-17 13:33:02

Hey, I had this but a little later I had to sit with a Towel under me just in case of leaks I called MW and she said to go to maternal and fetal assessment unit they did a quick swab to check if it was amniotic fluid. Luckily it wasn't but I wouldn't leave it If I were you I would call your MW or an out of hours service straight away and ask them.

NannyOggsKnickers Sat 28-Jan-17 13:37:56

Really normal. Mine was terrible about week 10. I googled it constantly. In the third trimester you get to play the fun game that is Have my waters broken or have I wet myself again? Enjoy. All part of the fun.

That said- always check with EPU or Materenity Triage if you have the slightest doubt about something. Better safe than sorry. Don't worry about bugging them.

BreakHerOffAKitKat Sat 28-Jan-17 13:42:03

Please do call your midwife and don't be fobbed off, yes discharge does increase but you ought to get it checked. I lost some amniotic fluid at 15 weeks I knew it wasn't normal discharge but the midwife fobbed me off saying it was normal to have wet discharge. At my 20 week scan they found there wasn't enough fluid and they didn't know if it make it to full term, I gave birth at 22 weeks and my baby didn't make it. I'm not trying to scare you it may well just be normal discharge but please get it checked if it is amniotic fluid and they catch it in time they may be able to do something. For your own peace of mind if you're ever unsure see your gp or midwife xx

MrsDc7 Sat 28-Jan-17 13:54:39

I had this at 24 weeks and was so worried that it was my waters. Turned out to be bacterial vaginosis. Get it checked because they will give you cream if it's that xx

harleysmammy Sat 28-Jan-17 16:38:55

Mine was terrible from 12 weeks and it still hasnt gone now and im 27 weeks haha! Mine was thrush and it wont go, im allergic to the cream and we arent allowed the tablet when pregnant so they said to just put up with it..if yours is thrush its totally harmless x

Lauren112233 Sun 29-Jan-17 09:51:15

Thank you all for your replys! Made me feel much better still going to contact the MW tomorrow. It was about a tablespoons worth of watery fluid I'd say.
Thanks again. X

haveacupoftea Sun 29-Jan-17 10:00:16

Someone should make panty liners with a strip on that changes colour. Yellow for urine, red for amniotic fluid, white for discharge, green for BV and blue for thrush. I would totally pay for those.

Lauren112233 Sun 29-Jan-17 10:01:03

Definitely! Your on to something there!😃

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now