Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When will I start showing?

(11 Posts)
Mandraki Sat 28-Jan-17 10:24:40

I have just found out I'm pregnant, like this morning just found out! We are ecstatic! I already started to feel bloated a few days ago, but I just assumed I was due on. Is this it now, will I bloat until I show or have I just eaten a few too many crisps this week? grin

NataliaOsipova Sat 28-Jan-17 10:28:41

I think it varies a lot. I was about 7 months before some people I worked with spotted I was pregnant and it was only a couple of weeks before I gave birth that people out and about would automatically offer me a seat etc. Equally, I have friends who have been obviously pregnant before they've announced it at 12 weeks or so.

Congratulations to you!

INeedNewShoes Sat 28-Jan-17 10:29:50

I was quite bloated in the first trimester but then that eased. In terms of it being visibly noticeable that I'm pregnant, I was still in my normal clothes for work and still hadn't told my colleagues at 20 weeks and none of them had any idea!

At 25 weeks it's quite obvious now and I'm firmly in maternity wear.

Everyone is different though!

Congratulations smile

arbrighton Sat 28-Jan-17 10:58:59

I was really bloated from about 8-12 weeks then had about 3 weeks back in my normal jeans before my bump kind of 'popped' at 15 weeks.

Pretty damn obvious now, with first, at 17+4

pastabest Sat 28-Jan-17 11:09:24

I could have hidden my pregnancy easily until 7 months ish had I needed to or wanted to. Even now at 39 weeks i probably could just about get away with it with a big scarf as a I have a very neat bump.

Everyone is different but it probably will just be bloat at this point in time if its your first.

Congratulations smile

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sat 28-Jan-17 11:20:21

It depends an awful lot on your frame I think I have a very long torso. With dc1 I never showed massively. She was due early April & I need maternity jeans, rather than a hair-elastic, from the middle of the February. Dc I develooed a bump much quiker he was due in June & I was in mat jeans in the Feb (again). Dc3 I had a noticeable bump by 20 weeks. Dc4 was a bump by 16/18 weeks. I'm currently 12 weeks with #5 & my jeans a tight but I'm nowhere near needing maternity jeans yet, I suspect a lot of it is bloating but I'm also guessing I'll have a bump by 16/18 weeks again.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sat 28-Jan-17 11:21:55

God, sorry about the dodgy spelling & punctuation blush

sailorcherries Sat 28-Jan-17 16:40:59

With my first I looked as if I had eaten an entire village by 24 weeks.

Now I'm 24 weeks with my second and still fit all my own clothes, with no definitive bump (I just look bloated). Each pregnancy is different.

Laura05 Sat 28-Jan-17 18:39:59

With DD I had pretty much no bump all the way through. I remember being out and about after she was born and people were asking who's baby I was looking after 😂

With DS I was slightly bigger but in no way massive, just neat.

This time round I'm expecting another boy and again unless you knew I was pg I just look like I ate too much at Xmas (I'm 36weeks)

DD was 5lbs 12oz. DS was 7lbs 8oz (no idea where he was hiding!) I think I just carry them very tucked in.

Excusemyfrench Sat 28-Jan-17 22:16:42

Im quite small and looked with my 2 pregnancies obviously pregnant from about 10weeks. I had a proper bump straight away, obviously at that stage its more bloatedness but i couldn't suck it in and I constantly had people congratulating me before I had even had my 12 week scan which was annoying. And it kept growing, I guess the baby outgrew the wind eventually grinconfused funny how its different for everyone!

Good luck with your pregnancy ! Xx

haveacupoftea Sun 29-Jan-17 01:07:41

Size 20 pre pregnancy here, at 20 weeks I looked a bit fatter round the middle, now at 22 weeks my bump is suddenly huge and unmistakeable. I think most people have at least a bit of a bump by 22 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now