Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Outfit for newborn to come home

(64 Posts)
Elkalv Fri 27-Jan-17 19:37:00

Hi do you have your favorite outfits for you baby coming home yet? It's still early for me but I would like to buy something to try to convince myself it is real) hence please share your tips with favorite shops/ brands/ pictures!

Notsure1234 Fri 27-Jan-17 20:29:01

m.next.co.uk/go51016s2#455207

I'm thinking of this for dc2 as I have a very similar one with turquoise detail that ds came home in abc they do a cute matching hat. I loved Next for sleepsuits the first time. They have handy built in scratch mitts, wash well and fitted ds beautifully.

I'll be steering clear of Asda, everything I bought from there was poor quality and too wide. Otherwise all other supermarket stuff was fine, you just need to see what fits baby's shape.

Grumpus21 Fri 27-Jan-17 21:29:56

We've chosen a few sleepsuits for ours - mainly Disney ones to be honest!! Had to pack two sizes as there's a possibility he might be slightly larger than the diddy newborn stuff I bought very early on when I was excited!!

Grumpus21 Fri 27-Jan-17 21:32:23

Sorry I should add - mine have come from
Asda or Tesco but I have no idea if they'll be wide or not as this is our first!

Elkalv Fri 27-Jan-17 22:08:59

It's adorable not sure) I am expecting baby in summer so thinking about this one www.johnlewis.com/emile-et-rose-baby-kenny-two-piece-dungarees-and-shirt-set-blue/p3095266

Elkalv Fri 27-Jan-17 22:09:28

Sorry I mean notsure1234 ))

eastcoastmum2014 Sat 28-Jan-17 02:28:52

I have literally just had my baby boy but as its freezing I qm taking him home in an all in one and a puffer jacket! Get what you love, but think about the time of year- how far you have to walk to the car park ect xx

GinIsIn Sat 28-Jan-17 03:17:47

I didn't know this was a 'thing' - they are going to be wearing a pram suit/blanket over whatever they have on, and it will probably get puked on or shat on brides the day is out, so I'm just taking several sleep suits in newborn and several in 0-3, a cardigan and a blanket.

AmoIsNoLongerEmo Sat 28-Jan-17 03:40:56

My DCs wore Batman and Robin bodysuits coming home grin my DD was first and her brother the summer after. It started with a joke for my husband when I was pregnant with DD, but it was one of the first things bought for her and then we had to special order the Robin one.

PrincessNakedAsAJayBird Sat 28-Jan-17 04:09:11

Congrats Eastcoast!! Welcome to the world wee one!

FartnissEverbeans Sat 28-Jan-17 10:13:01

I didn't realize it was a 'thing' either until my sister bought me an outfit for DS and told me to iron it! confused Needless to say, it did not get ironed!

None of the clothes we had ended up fitting him anyway as he was smaller than we expected. DH had to do an emergency run to Next grin

arbrighton Sat 28-Jan-17 11:01:28

Ironing baby clothes. What the actual F....?

I know I have to wash them but they won't get ironed, EVER. It's bad enough ironing the bare essentials like DH shirts.

Mine, due in july, will have a newborn and 0-3 vest and sleepsuit of some sort. Whichever comes to hand first when i do my bag.

arbrighton Sat 28-Jan-17 11:01:58

Obviously not a vest and sleepsuit of each size on the poor child.... DUH

Elkalv Sat 28-Jan-17 11:13:36

Congratulations eastcoast! Hope your little one is a happy bunny and you recover well ! Maybe I watched too many YouTube videos) I bought couple of things I liked from next and gap. First parcel has arrived it's so cute. Any more hints with shops for baby cloths you liked? Maybe not coming hope but general things to buy?

FartnissEverbeans Sat 28-Jan-17 11:19:45

arbrighton grin so don't even iron my own clothes never mind the baby's!

OP, is say buy lots of little white vests for under sleep suits. If I remember correctly I think Sainsbury's have the best ones for a good price.

penguincrumble Sat 28-Jan-17 11:23:18

Fartniss your username is amazing I'm going to use it on DH when he wakes up.

To come home from hospital, my babies wore anything they hadn't already puked or shat on; in DD's case we were down to a towel (she was a puker).

SuperUnicorn Sat 28-Jan-17 12:55:57

I'm not sure how you know what size you need, do you get more idea as you get closer? I've just bought a handful of sleepsuits/bodysuits in a variety of sizes, so hopefully something will fit. Mine should be an April/May baby so who knows what the weather will be doing at that point!

Notsure1234 Sat 28-Jan-17 14:53:03

That's gorgeous Elkalv but seems a lot of money for a couple of wears. If you can afford it though and you love it then go for it!

Tattybogle89 Sat 28-Jan-17 15:21:55

Aw I would iron baby clothes!? Would look all crushed up otherwise

arbrighton Sat 28-Jan-17 15:23:15

Given penguincrumble anecdote, I'll be buying more to put in hospital bag- DH hasn't quite grasped the number of fairly small vests etc we might get through even if only worn for a few weeks at any size!

HawkeyeInConfusion Sat 28-Jan-17 15:52:49

Dc2 was born in the middle of a heatwave. He went home in just a white(ish) vest.

palomapaloma Sat 28-Jan-17 16:00:06

Newborn baby grows from Next are cute and snuggly. Washed them first. Both mine ( boy and girl) wore a knitted hooded cardi from M&S. Still got them 4 years later smile

palomapaloma Sat 28-Jan-17 16:03:03

My daughter wore this a lot and it's not too thick to have on in the car seat.

Daffodil397 Sat 28-Jan-17 22:40:32

I got on well with Asda clothes for dd actually and they had some really pretty stuff for girls, Morrisons too. Have a feeling this one will be a boy and I think this one is cute!
direct.asda.com/george/baby/sleepsuits-pyjamas/disney-winnie-the-pooh-sleepsuit/GEM546498,default,pd.html
I made the mistake last time of buying clothes too big, she was only just under 6lb despite being quite long so they guessed she'd be heavier. Early pics show her draped in fleecy stuff, sleeves and legs way too long! So might get a size of each this time!

Etak15 Sat 28-Jan-17 22:48:14

Awe this brings back memories dc 1,2 & 4 all wore sleep suits and vests and the same all in one pramsuit cream & soft and fury, but dc3 was a July baby so think just a vest and sleepsuit and thin blanket.
I ironed all dc1's vests and sleepsuits in the last few wks of pregnancy - that was the last time I have ever ironed vests and sleepsuits grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now