Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Prodded baby when he was moving

(11 Posts)
harleysmammy Fri 27-Jan-17 17:43:53

So my nan wanted to feel the baby moving but the second she put her hand on my belly he stopped. Im not a fan of prodding my belly because im so scared ill squish him, when i was like 20 weeks and only feeling flutters i used to do it a lot but now he's sticking his arms out and making my belly move, im too scared. He is always making my belly go like jelly and you can feel him on the outside all the time so i very rarely prod him, i kind of tap my fingers. For my nan i prodded him by my ribs where he was and then my stomach went up and he stuck his arm out. I feel so bad, would i have hurt him?

Oakmaiden Fri 27-Jan-17 17:46:03

No, he'll be fine! ?He is in a sac of fluid, which cushions him from pokes and prods. He would have felt you touching him, but you won't have hurt him!

drinkyourmilk Fri 27-Jan-17 17:49:23

Midwives prod and feel all the time. So long as she didn't literally punch you baby will be fine. Im 31 weeks and still lay propped up on my belly all night. Baby is fine as s/he is surrounded by fluid, despite my enormous frame squishing down.

SunFinished Fri 27-Jan-17 17:52:59

Wait to your midwife starts prodding you! I remember my 38 week check, she really gave a good prodding!

Ilovecaindingle Fri 27-Jan-17 17:54:04

When I was far on I could actually hold my ds foot!! Used to freak dh out!

Bubbinsmakesthree Fri 27-Jan-17 18:19:51

Mine's been jumped on by a toddler, hit by a door and given a good poke and prod by a couple of midwives.

You know they can manually turn babies who are breech upside-down just by pushing and twisting them over?

Relax! They're well protected in there. If you have a severe blow to the stomach which results in pain, bleeding or reduced movement then you might worry. Pokes by relatives may be annoying but are harmless!

mrsaugust16 Fri 27-Jan-17 18:21:33

In 5 years time you will be on a pfb thread posting about this moment.

Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well smile x

AyeAmarok Fri 27-Jan-17 18:25:32

He'll be fine! Honestly.

Mine had an elbow or knee poking out all the time and I had low fluid. The number of times I banged doors, hard off my bump and his pokey-out limbs trying to open them was astounding.

Baby was fine.

babyblabber Fri 27-Jan-17 18:47:14

I'm forever trying to push mine down away from my ribs. This is number 4 and like all the others, likes to dig into the ribs which is soooo uncomfortable. I do my best to shove them down a bit. The other 3 all came out fine!

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 27-Jan-17 18:55:55

I used to prod mine all the time if i hadn't felt them move for a while or if I was bored

ConvincingLiar Fri 27-Jan-17 19:51:53

No need to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now