Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

No more babies

(8 Posts)
Kazzyg88 Fri 27-Jan-17 16:18:00

I am presently going through my 2nd miscarriage in 3 months. We have a healthy 4 and half year old. My husband says we shouldn't try for anymore but I'm not so sure I want to stop trying. I understand he doesn't like seeing me upset and it's upsetting for him too but I really want our son to have a sibling. DH says I shoulf go back on the pill but maybe he should have a vasectomy as I don't want to keep pumping hormones into my body. Sorry for the rant but only place I thought anyone would listen x

Lunalovepud Fri 27-Jan-17 16:26:43

Sorry for your losses kazzy flowers

Maybe stop trying for a couple of months and then see how you both feel? It must be very raw and emotional for you both at the moment - probably not the best time to make a decision.

Good luck for the future, whatever you decide.

GreenGoblin0 Fri 27-Jan-17 18:45:11

sorry for your losses OP. agree with PP perhaps discuss with DP again and agree to put off ttc for a bit but don't so anything drastic like a vasectomy you both need time to come to terms with your losses 2 MC in 3 months is a lot to deal with

GreenGoblin0 Fri 27-Jan-17 18:46:11

if you don't want to go back on pill then perhaps use condoms for a while.

babyblabber Fri 27-Jan-17 18:53:53

Two miscarriages so close together is very upsetting but no indication that it will happen again so I don't think it's a reason to stop trying. Is there any other reason he'd be having doubts about another? I know I was determined to have 3 kids and the two miscarriages I had in between number 2 and 3 only made me more determined. DC3 recently turned 2

Buddahbelly Fri 27-Jan-17 18:58:40

Op I know exactly how you feel, I also have a 4 1/2 year old and have gone through 5 Miscarriages altogether. They dont do anything/ run any actual tests until you have suffered 3, so although upsetting 2 Mc's is not an indication that anything is wrong and no reason to not try anymore. Im only now getting tested for any problems after 3 years of trying for dc#2. I would be distraught if my Oh told me he wanted to stop trying - I have no idea if that day will come but i'll deal with it when it does.

If it's something you want I would talk to your dh and explain your feelings, maybe agree to have a break from trying for a while with a view to seeing how you both feel again at a certain date - say 3-6 months time. Good luck. I know only too well how gutting it is for it not to be happening while everyone around you seems to get pregnant and stay pregnant as easy as breathing. sad

Kazzyg88 Fri 27-Jan-17 20:26:07

Thanks ladies. He has said we will talk about it again when we are both ready. Our DS really wants a baby brother bless him so we will see what the future holds x

SparkleShinyGlitter Fri 27-Jan-17 20:31:33

As a couple you bother feel the loss of each baby and each miscarriage. Too have 2 miscarriages in just 3 months is a lot of heart ache and stress in such a short space of time.

Maybe use condoms for now and agree that in a 6 months or whatever you will have a chat and decide to ttc one last time or look in to a vasectomy.

I don't think now is the time to make a rash decision about a vasectomy, just kind to yourselves for a while

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now