Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help needed!! X

(5 Posts)
Mummy864 Fri 27-Jan-17 11:49:05

When I got home last night from work I went to the toilet (sorry tmi) for a wee, walked in my bedroom to get changed and while sitting on the bed a lot of water came out of me I stood up and tried to hold it but I couldn't and it was still leaking I phoned my midwife who told me to come in, I got to hospital at 6pm and was seen by a consultant at 10.30pm who said it wasn't my waters he did a swab and said it was negative am now confused at what could have happened am 35 weeks pregnant my baby is small so I have to have growth scans and last week another consultant has given me two steroid injections and said he wants me to have another scan on the 2nd Feb and then discuss my options.
The waters were clear and didn't smell.

Mummy864 Fri 27-Jan-17 14:15:27

??

AreWeThereYet000 Fri 27-Jan-17 19:25:35

If you are not happy with the answer you was provided last night, then ring your hospital labour ward:MLU again, and explain what happened, the fact of small baby etc and ask them to check you over again - hope things are okay and go well on the 2nd x

reikizen Fri 27-Jan-17 19:29:43

Is it still leaking now? Do you need to wear a pad? What test did they do, was it called Actim prom? Or just a speculum?

pinkpixiepanda Sat 28-Jan-17 22:23:59

Was there any colour to it? Your mucus plug can come away up to a few weeks before labour it's possibly that
If so it's nothing to worry about just your body getting ready
Depends how far along you are

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now