Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy anxiety

(8 Posts)
user1485461206 Thu 26-Jan-17 20:18:36

Hi all, I'm after some advice, I feel so uncertain if I am pregnant or not despite all roads leading to not pregnant, my anxiety is all over the place.
After months of ups and downs will my pill I ended up coming off it in December, me and my partner had unprotected sex on 26th December, I then took the morning after pill within the 72 hours (about 50 hours after) we haven't had sex since this date, I had a bleed on 9th January which lasted around 3 days, was lighter than normal but doctor advised this was down to the hormones in the morning after pill. That week later I felt constantly tired, bit off in general, no sickness or nausea but just feeling rubbish, I ended up taking 4 tests that week several days apart all negative, but with constant achy heavy boobs and feeling anxious I went to the doctor who basically laughed me out of there saying I had just messed my hormones up and I was not pregnant, I then stated getting cramping down my left side which panicked me due to miscarriage before, so I ended up booking a private scan which was 18/01 she couldn't find any hint of pregnancy, she said even at that early date (5 weeks gastrational) she would see a sac but nothing, she said it did look like I was due to ovulate from left ovary hence the pains, I've been having twinges and craps on/off since so I booked for a private hcg blood test this week, that happened Monday, I got my results Tuesday afternoon they confirmed negative with the result as 0.1mui, in a crazy moment I did another test Tuesday & Wednesday both negative, everything is telling me to stop and just wait for my period which is due in about week and half but the other half keeps thinking I could still be pregnant, any advice? Sorry for the long post

MouseLove Thu 26-Jan-17 21:55:53

No. You are not pregnant. I think you need to speak to your doctor about your anxiety though as this is not normal or healthy for you. Do you want to be pregnant? Why would you pay for a private scan if you've not had a positive test? Remember the mind is a powerful thing. Whilst you might think you show signs of pregnancy, in reality symptoms usually don't present themselves until week 6 of pregnancy. I'm 8+4 and I have no symptoms. Please move past this and stop wasting your money. Please look after yourself. X

Cguk81 Thu 26-Jan-17 21:59:48

You are not pregnant! You do need to get help with your anxiety though. Sounds like you are ruminating and it's awful...get some support.

PotteringAlong Thu 26-Jan-17 22:02:10

As above. You are not pregnant, but you need to speak to someone about your mental health.

user1485461206 Thu 26-Jan-17 23:02:17

I paid for the private scan as I didn't show positive on tests with my daughter until 8 weeks, hence I thought this could be the same thing and with the pains I was worried about miscarriage/ectopic
I do not have mental health issues, I do have severe anxiety and have had depression in the past, I also have OCD and do fixate on things this is one of them
Thanks for the advice x

user1485461206 Thu 26-Jan-17 23:14:04

I am going to try to stop over thinking this, deep down I realise I am not pregnant. I will be seeing my doctor next week about my anxiety again though, thanks all

PotteringAlong Fri 27-Jan-17 07:16:02

I do not have mental health issues, I do have severe anxiety and have had depression in the past, I also have OCD and do fixate on things this is one of them

I think the first part of your statement here is completely contradicted by the second. Please see your GP; I hope they manage to help flowers

Beth6487 Fri 27-Jan-17 10:04:48

Having mental health issues and having anxiety and OCD and depression are pretty much the same thing I'm sorry to say
I have anxiety and OCD and there have been times when I get transfixed on things and have obsessive thoughts and irrational beliefs. I would definitely say you aren't pregnant, all those tests and early scans that have came back negative just trust science x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now