Talk

Advanced search

Breaking my own heart help!!

(7 Posts)
Beth6487 Thu 26-Jan-17 19:55:35

Hi so this pregnancy has been really hard for me I'm not enjoying it I just want to sleep the entire way through till the day I get to meet him I'm 18w 6d and throughout I've been constantly telling myself something is definitely gonna go wrong no matter how many reassurance scans I have I know I'm nearly half way through but I can't shift the feeling that I don't get to have a normal live birth. Has anyone else had this and baby be prefectly fine? I need the reassurance it's my first pregnancy and I'm really struggling with the panic attacks 😩

Stuffedshirt Thu 26-Jan-17 19:57:07

Have you talked to your GP or your midwife? You definitely need to share your anxiety with a professional There's help available for you, please ask for it. flowers

BeingATwatItsABingThing Thu 26-Jan-17 20:00:07

I worried all the time. We went on holiday when I was 20 weeks and the road leading to our house was atrocious. I was convinced that all the bumping about would harm DD. She turned 3 this weekend and she is absolutely perfect.

Sunshinegirl82 Thu 26-Jan-17 20:18:33

I spent my whole pregnancy in a state of semi permanent panic, I didn't enjoy being pregnant as a result. DS was born safe and well at 39+5! As soon as he was out I calmed down because I could see him and check on him and know he was alright. I found it did get better once I was feeling regular movements as that reassured me he was ok. At 18 weeks you're hopefully not far away from more regular movement. Do speak to your midwife, they might be able to help you.

Beth6487 Thu 26-Jan-17 21:00:16

Thanks everyone, I'm getting counselling on the 31st I did contact them a month ago about it but they were probably busy or full.
Sunshinegirl82 I'm not feeling anything at all right now really I feel movements once a week and they're fluttering but partner can't feel a thing, my placenta is at the front so she said it could stop me feeling movements and my midwife put it down to my first pregnancy, I just can't wait to start feeling him and then at least I can do kick counts and know he's there. It does help knowing your baby was born safe and well and that's exactly how I'd describe it as semi permanent panic

MouseLove Thu 26-Jan-17 21:36:10

Have you tried mindful meditation? Have a go at listening to a pregnancy one on YouTube. It might help you to realise that you are healthy, pregnant and only weeks away from holding your baby and that nothing will go wrong. Really try to give it a go. It's helped me loads in early pregnancy with a known issue.

BifsWif Thu 26-Jan-17 21:41:30

I felt exactly as you did, I didn't enjoy any of my pregnancy. My almost 2 year old is sleeping soundly upstairs.

Could you speak to your midwife about your anxiety? In hindsight my levels of anxiety weren't 'normal' and I wish I hadn't left it until after the birth to ask for help x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now