Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When do you need to sign up for NCT classes?

(11 Posts)
Hollyhop17 Thu 26-Jan-17 14:36:31

Hi ladies,

I am 15 weeks with my first and wondering when I should look to sign up for an NCT class? I am super keen to meet local mums as neither my family nor my FIL live close and most of my friends are not pregnant/live in a different part of London.

Thank you!

MuddyMoose Thu 26-Jan-17 16:15:22

Your midwife should be able to give you all the details for each NCT classes & other various groups in the area.

Hollyhop17 Thu 26-Jan-17 16:26:15

Thanks Muddy. My midwife is in Lambeth but I live in Croydon so I'm not sure she will be able to give me local details?

RuskBaby Thu 26-Jan-17 16:30:03

Hi,
I live in south Croydon and booked after the 20 week scan. Not all of the courses offered days and times to suit so check them out online to see the best option for you.

Hollyhop17 Thu 26-Jan-17 16:37:20

Thanks Rusk. Nice to know a local mum! When are you due? I didn't realise you could check online, so will do that now.

Sparklyuggs Thu 26-Jan-17 17:58:56

I'd look on the NCT website. Depending where you are it can get booked up, in my area the only available classes are for late July births and pregnancy yoga is only available from may onwards.

Barefootcontessa84 Thu 26-Jan-17 18:00:07

In south west London I was strongly advised to book by 12 weeks-ish as they really fill up. It depends where you're based, but the earlier the better. It does seem quite premature, but there is a refund policy if necessary.

Blueroses99 Thu 26-Jan-17 18:24:02

I'm in SW London and as I knew they got full up, I booked at around 8 weeks during both pregnancies (though I'd had lots of early scans by then). When I needed to cancel after a loss, it was done quickly and sensitively and I got a full refund. Hopefully I won't have to cancel this time!

PragmaticWench Thu 26-Jan-17 18:25:48

I booked after the 12 week scan and my class was almost full at that point. There were other classes slightly further away with more spaces though.

Hollyhop17 Thu 26-Jan-17 18:37:04

Ok thats good to know, thanks Barefoot. There are two that we could do, location wise, so hopefully one of them will be available! Just waiting for DH to get home and then will try and book.

I had no idea you had to book it so early!

Hollyhop17 Thu 26-Jan-17 18:38:08

Oops, I thought this posted a while ago. Blue and Pragmatic I am a bit concerned now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now