Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nausea all day long. Feel weak and struggling with eating and drinking 5wks 5

(19 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Thu 26-Jan-17 12:44:05

Hi all. I know im saying whats been said by others before but i am struggling with feeling constantly like i have motion sickness. But my tummy feels empty like im hungry all the time. But if i start eating i realise i really dont want it. And worse even, i cant find anything to drink that doesnt make me feel queasy. I was drinking peppermint, rooibos and decaf tea, sparkling water but now i cant even stomach the smell. And its really really tough sat at desk trying to disguise it. Plus i feel bad for my OH because hes getting neglected while i feel crap.

Did have mega cold through the week so hoping when it passes i may feel better?

Any suggestions?

Sorry for venting...

Tilly2017 Thu 26-Jan-17 12:47:56

I found either eating high carbohydrate based foods in small but often portions has helped with that or ginger biscuits or ginger based drinks.... though if I'm honest I'm struggling with the ginger myself now.

I know how you feel. My OH made a fab roast dinner and it smelt amazing but as soon as I saw the plate I could barely touch it! Bless him I felt so guilty but he is luckily very understanding with it.

Good luck xx

kep1979 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:45:59

It will pass - I'm feeling similar at the mo (5+6). I just try to sip water regularly and nibble on salted crackers. I have found that melon is good for helping clear my tastebuds a bit, but apart from that I'd just say hang on in there. In previous pregnancies i think I felt gross from 5-10 weeks and then loads better by 14.

user1471451564 Fri 27-Jan-17 13:01:46

I feel your pain. With my last pregnancy my nausea was HORRENDOUS!!! Much more so than in any of my previous pregnancies! In the end I went to the docs and he prescribed me some tablets which whilst they didn't 'cure' the nausea it certainly made it more bearable. Don't suffer in silence. See your gp and don't be fobbed off!!

Jellybabie3 Fri 27-Jan-17 13:25:28

Ah ok i might do that. I have my midwife booking in one week. I feel so hungry all the time and thirsty too. Just dont want food or drink!! Feel so weak sad stupid really

user1471451564 Fri 27-Jan-17 13:46:43

Not stupid at all!! Just one of the many, still to come, 'joys' of pregnancy!! wink.

user1480264544 Fri 27-Jan-17 16:33:50

I suffered so bad too! My midwife told me try eating some dry biscuits 10 mins before ur due to get up and out of bed .. something to do with the drop in glucose over night and then eat little and often through the day! This worked for me, I think you do have to eat through the sickness so things like toast are good.. nothing smelly and sticking with water! If all that fails see your gp, I was given sickness tabs which helped me through my darkest days when all else failed! It will go I'm 13 weeks and am now definitely eating for 2 blushcake lol x

Jellybabie3 Fri 27-Jan-17 17:20:48

Ha thats how i feel. I am having extra when i find something i can tolerate. Its rich food like gravy and meat i seem to be able to take...😳 but nothing sweet! Sooooo hungry

user1480264544 Fri 27-Jan-17 17:49:55

How weird mine was gravy too! The first few weeks I survived on chips with gravy and toast potatoes with gravy.. even fish and gravy confused haha although I've gone off meat and still can't even look at it!! As easy as it is to say just eat as and when you can with any luck it will ease off for you! X

Jellybabie3 Fri 27-Jan-17 17:53:04

Thanks! I wondered if its a boy because all i can think about is meat and gravy and cant stand the sight of salad which is what i would usually have for lunch....haha. Today i had a sausage roll (and i dont usually like them) because i smelt them when a baker brought a warm tray out in my local shop! Mmmmm. Hope i dont put on too much weight eating the wrong stuff

haveacupoftea Fri 27-Jan-17 21:05:46

I lived on coke, sausage rolls and salt and vinegar pringles for most of the first trimester blush

BikeRunSki Fri 27-Jan-17 21:16:20

Are you managing to stay hydrated? This is the key. I wound up in hospital on a drip to be rehydrated several times in both pg, due to sickness and nausea. Ice lollies and melting ice cubes on my tongue helped.

Your GP can prescribe anti sickness medication, which may help, although I found that nothing curbed the nausea.

Pregnancy Sickness Support is a very helpful website.

kep1979 Sat 28-Jan-17 19:32:16

Chips and gravy sounds amazing! Mash and gravy with greens is my go to at the moment.... may have to reconsider dinner! Or anything with melted cheese! If it is potatoes plus melted cheese then even better.

I always crave similar in early pregnancy and have two boys and a girl! The only difference was craving vinegar with both boys and fruit with the girl (and really hating vinegar!)

BikeRunSki Sat 28-Jan-17 19:58:43

After I'd finished throwing up whenever I tried to eat anything, I craved seafood/fish and bitter fruit juice. I ate a lot of tuna, crayfish and prawn sandwhiches, and grapefruit juice or really cheap orange juice.

BikeRunSki Sat 28-Jan-17 19:59:34

Oh - and I have a boy and a girl.

JellytotsRule Sun 29-Jan-17 09:11:46

I have just emerged from the nausea cloud about 3 weeks ago! Same as you 5 weeks then the fun started with gagging at everything. Had to cave and tell work colleagues at 8 weeks as I'm a tea Jenny and couldn't abide the stuff plus the green tinge to my skin and constant running to the loo, meant I could have had it up in lights anyway! I ate my body weight in digestive biscuits to survive. Anything greasy was a no go. But at 13 weeks it did start to ease up - wow what a difference. You'll get there too but my I totally understand how rubbish it feels! flowers

Jellybabie3 Sun 29-Jan-17 13:10:37

Im having same problem with tea. My only saving grace is that its new year so ive been fobbing people off that i am on a health fix to more drink water. Although i was also eating salads and now the thought of it makes me gag. Gonna try nibbling almonds and ginger biscuits at work. Definitely disguising it there which is the hardest. Plus im in the busiest time of the year for work so have somehow got to work out how to focus!! On other hand my cold has gone (after two weeks) smile

Jellybabie3 Sun 29-Jan-17 13:11:40

Im 6 + 1 now so am praying i only have 6 weeks of this to go!!

ohdarling Sun 29-Jan-17 13:15:00

I had this. Started at 5 weeks 6 days. I finally felt better at about 14 weeks. It really was horrible. I could just about manage the mornings but it would get worse as the day went on, until all I could do was lie on the sofa sipping iced water and/or sucking ice cubes.

You need to keep eating. I found the hungrier I got the worse I felt. Which becomes a vicious cycle because if you get too hungry, you'll start throwing up, and then you can't eat, which means you get even more hungry and throw up even more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now