Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Refused a waxing appointment!

(19 Posts)
WoopWoop200 Thu 26-Jan-17 12:36:36

I look like Chewbacca down there....if you know what i mean!!

I am 22 weeks and spent the first 20 weeks with my head down a toilet. So now that I am feeling normalish, I thought 'Hey, you need to sort out the jungle ASAP'
I ring my usual beauty place to get told...'No, sorry. You're bush shall remain. Embrace the chewbacca in you!'
shock
Ok, maybe they didn't say that but was told i shouldn't be waxing during pregnancy due to skin sensitivity. Not even my legs.....

Is this normal?? I thought it was ok to wax when your knocked up?? Otherwise some suggestions would be nice....especially since i can't see a damn thing down there!!!

Thanks

FatOldBag Thu 26-Jan-17 12:58:20

Your skin is more sensitive, so you can't necessarily use the same products you were ok with before. I used Nair or something similar when I was pg once, fucking hell, that was a mistake! Burnt my vag! Normally fine with that stuff. I think just shave as best you can by feel. If desperate, get dp to do it for you. Otherwise, yes, it might be time to embrace Chewbacca (or ignore it - you can't see it anyway)!

twilightcafe Thu 26-Jan-17 13:00:03

TBH - the midwives won't care what you look like down there.

TheLegendOfBeans Thu 26-Jan-17 13:05:47

Hey - I get where you're driving, you're not doing this to impress a midwife, you just want to feel a bit less...erm...Wolverine.

My skin is fair - and also thin (down there) and in pregnancy the blood vessels are enlarged and basically there's a greater chance of the skin breaking. It's happened to me and it's not nice and causes unsightly bruising.

Sadly, you're just gonna have to get busy with the Immac...just again be careful as because things are more raw down there, basically if you accidentally get it in your flaps you will scream the house down.

HTH x

Sugarcoma Thu 26-Jan-17 13:41:38

I've had my legs and bikini waxed and it was fine.

UnbelievablyChocolatey Thu 26-Jan-17 13:50:21

I had several bikini waxes when I was pregnant and didn't have any issues

WoopWoop200 Thu 26-Jan-17 15:02:50

FatOldBag DH has never used a razor in his life...he lives for the beard. It's a horror story waiting to happen!!!!

I have been waxing for a couple of years now and this is my 2nd pregnancy. Keeping things tidy makes me feel good about myself so not for the midwives.
But if i leave it at this rate, they'll have to go searching for the baby when im pushing her out haha grin

WoopWoop200 Thu 26-Jan-17 15:04:33

TheLegendofBeans i went too far in with warm wax once before i was pregnant... cried and put a lolly between me legs. That was a dark day......

Kelsey28 Thu 26-Jan-17 15:04:54

I know what you feel! Poor OH. I can't think of anything less sexy than my 27 week potbelly and my hairy minky moo because I can no longer see it to shave it! Also I don't feel at all sexy with that and my bacne!

fuzzywuzzy Thu 26-Jan-17 15:09:29

My friend gets her lady garden waxed she's due in two weeks. She's had no problems with the salon she uses.

Queenofthebrae Thu 26-Jan-17 15:09:43

I think every salon is different. My waxing lady was happy to give me a bikini wax right up until the end providing my waters hadn't gone. As it turns out waters broke early so had no option but to spend final few weeks unkempt! If you'd be happy trying a different waxer maybe call round your local salons.

OneWithTheForce Thu 26-Jan-17 15:11:37

the midwives won't care what you look like down there.

She is 22 weeks, she isn't waxing for the midwives.

harleysmammy Thu 26-Jan-17 15:12:44

Im not 100% sure but i think its because some waxes have certain chemicals in them that could be harmful. Again im not sure but when i went into a spa thing with my sisters, they noticed i was pregnant and gave me a booklet on what i could and couldnt have done and i think it said something about some products MAY or may not contain chemicals that should be avoided so for their sake they just say you cant have waxing done at all just to be pre cautious and so if you have a reaction they cant get into trouble haha. I cant even see my lady area anymore at 26 weeks, but i was told by my midwife to shave instead of using removal creams because of sensitivity and chemicals. I havent had any waxing done since i was about 8 weeks but at 8 weeks i had my eyebrows waxed and it was fine, many people including my sister in law have waxing and its all fine, i honestly think its just salons saving themselves x

MouseLove Thu 26-Jan-17 23:03:48

I'm 8+4 and had my eyebrows done tonight. My beautician that I've been going to for the last 10 yrs commented that my face felt and looked "rashy" (she's normally telling me off for not moisturising) however the redness (that usually stays for days) has gone right down tonight!

She might shout at me when I tell the world I'm pregnant but right now, no monobrow.

annlee3817 Thu 26-Jan-17 23:09:00

I waxed my own bikini line up until around 32 weeks, I made an attempt at around 39ish weeks that was just laughable... I only did the sides though and just left the whole middle bit, made life easier, didn't find it anymore painful

FeralBeryl Fri 27-Jan-17 01:51:48

I know a few salons that won't wax until late 3rd trimester in case it 'brings on labour' hmm
Fuck me if that was the case we'd have everyone over 40 weeks gestation banging down their doors for an appointment! grin

hollinhurst84 Fri 27-Jan-17 01:54:35

Bikini trimmer?

Catdogcat Fri 27-Jan-17 01:58:33

I had 6 weekly Brazilian waxes the whole way through my pregnancy with the last one at 36+3.

The only thing different for me was trying to contort into the correct positions but my beautician took it slowly and carefully.

If you don't already then try hotvwax rather than strip wax which is more gentle on the sensitive area.

Sweetpeabec Fri 27-Jan-17 09:20:23

I'm still going for a (everything gone) wax, my beauty place said that I can keep going until the baby is born but then can't bring the baby into the room when I go for a wax due to health and safety. She can stay outside the room with a friend instead. Try a different place x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now