Talk

Advanced search

Another Effing Cold

(7 Posts)
ItsThatBeverleyMacca Thu 26-Jan-17 09:30:08

I'm 27 weeks this week and since the beginning of December I've had a succession of heavy colds, starting with a chest infection. They stick around for a couple of weeks, taper off and then BOOM, there's another one. The one I have now is extremely sinus-y, I can barely breathe when I'm eating as my nose is so blocked. Is this just bad luck? Has anyone had similar? I've had no fever (apart from feeling a bit warm and stuffy) and I am able to continue with work etc but I'm just sick of it! I've got a DS (2.5) in nursery which can't help...

Scotmum83 Thu 26-Jan-17 10:45:35

I am also 27 weeks pregnant and have had at least 5 colds since I found out I was pregnant. The worst being over Xmas and new year. This is my second baby and I just seem to pick up every cold going, I didn't have anything with my first. I also have terrible congestion and nose bleeds due to allergies and ended up getting a steroid nasal spray as I was getting really breathless because of it. Might be worth looking at that if you are really bunged up. Sterimar nasal spray is great to unclog everything but other than that nothing much helps.

ItsThatBeverleyMacca Thu 26-Jan-17 12:15:42

Thanks scotmum, that's just like me - I don't remember any colds when I was pg with DS! I'll get some Sterimar later if we head out. The congestion is awful, I've just been lying down with my toddler while he had his nap and I was struggling to read to him and breathe at the same time! I've had a few episodes of blood in my snot but it comes and goes, nothing too heavy. I get fresh air and plenty of fruit and veg, my diet isn't perfect but I just have no resistance to them, it's really frustrating!

Pointlesscrap Thu 26-Jan-17 18:42:55

I've had rhinitis since I was 20weeks I'm now 35weeks and it's draining the life out of me. Thought it was a never ending cold at first as the symptoms are same. I've had enough of having a blocked nose and sneezing all the time and not getting much sleep. Can't wait to have this baby and praying the symptoms go straightaway...wishing you ladies all the best flowers

ItsThatBeverleyMacca Thu 26-Jan-17 20:18:24

Ah Pointless so close for you now! Fingers crossed the rhinitis clears off when you give birth, or before that! I'm already huge and another 3 months to go...bring on the end of April!

Pointlesscrap Fri 27-Jan-17 00:27:38

Thank you, me too!!! End of April? My birthday is 28th April lol you can remember me if your precious little one is born on that date hehehehe.

I know it's not long to go but it's really dragging now. Got a scan next week to see if the baby is still breech and then going to decide when il be having a c-section. It's been a horrible pregnancy but I'm thankful little one is ok and I'll be hopefully holding her in my arms very soon x

ItsThatBeverleyMacca Sun 29-Jan-17 22:07:21

Yes I'm due 26th! grin good luck with your scan, sorry to hear you've had a horrible pregnancy - I had a mmc back in April so I've been super anxious about this one! All the best smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now