Talk

Advanced search

No heartbeat on ultrasound scan?

(11 Posts)
user1482459815 Thu 26-Jan-17 02:40:32

Went in at six weeks, perfectly normal growing baby, heartbeat was fine. Had a minor car accident exactly a week later then one week after that had another scan for 8weeks .. was told embryo and sac is there fine but no heartbeat and is a little small for 8 weeks. Could this be wrong ? Had anyone heard of any stories of a re scan showing a heartbeat some time later ? Doctor has given me a re scan for the following day (tomorrow ) for a second confirmation of miscarriage. Really hoping they're wrong as it's my first pregnancy after 3 years of trying sad

twinsister Thu 26-Jan-17 03:02:57

I don't really have any advice for you but just wanted to send you a hug and I hope everything is ok. I know the waiting to know flowerswill be dreadful x

Everexpanding Thu 26-Jan-17 03:04:51

I have no experience of second scans but didn't want to leave your post unanswered, so sorry your going through this x

raviolidreaming Thu 26-Jan-17 05:35:14

flowers No advice from me either, but wishing you all the best for the re-scan.

m33r Thu 26-Jan-17 08:32:52

I have very thing crossed for you x

MouseLove Thu 26-Jan-17 10:21:09

I really hope you get a good answer today. I'm sorry you're going through this. But I would prepare for the worse and be happy if they find a heartbeat. You are stronger than you think. Xxx 💐💐💐

BertrandRussell Thu 26-Jan-17 10:25:04

I hope all goes well. But if the worst happens, please don't focus on the car accident. That won't have made it happen. I'm sure you know the statistics for early miscarriage - it was nothing you did, honestly.

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Thu 26-Jan-17 10:25:41

Wishing you all the best for today flowers

jld128 Thu 26-Jan-17 10:42:02

my first pregnancy i had a scan at 6 weeks faint heartbeat scan at 7weeks still a faint heartbeat and then a scan at 9weeks and no heartbeat so i feel
your pain i really do i'm hoping for a better outcome for you and sending big hugs xxx

MPerspective Thu 26-Jan-17 15:17:06

Sorry to hear this.

I do not think anyone should speculate or add to your worries.

Best of luck with your second scan. We are here if you need to speak to us after.

Pinkbottletop Thu 26-Jan-17 15:30:41

So sorry you're going through this.

My first pregnancy I had a scan at 7 weeks and was told everything looked perfect and strong heartbeat. I miscarried at 9 weeks. It's awful but it's one of those things we have no control over. I have everything crossed for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now