Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone got a Phil and Ted E3? Thinking of one for a newborn

(7 Posts)
littlesthobo Sun 25-Feb-07 12:36:57

I love the styling but am not convinced that it's right for a very small baby - the extendable canopy seems to sway about unsupported. Does the mattress/cocoon/ baby itself make any difference to the stability? Thanks!

BrummieOnTheRun Sun 25-Feb-07 12:47:06

Hi. I've got an E3, but my children weren't newborn. The major downside is not being able to fold it one-handed (ie while holding the baby). For me it was the best of the double buggies (which all have design compromises), so it was worth putting up with that down-side.

The major issue I've heard about using it for newborns is that the drop down canopy only takes them until 3months or so, but the main seat isn't recommended until 6 months!? But loads of people use them for newborns so that can't be much of an issue. Would be interested to know if that is an issue or not, because we have a baby on the way shortly.

If you're planning on having more children it's a great investment and a fab double buggy. If not, there are other single buggies I'd probably choose. I loved my Microlite: freestanding when folded. one-hand fold mechanism and very light.

aDad Sun 25-Feb-07 13:03:40

We use the dropdown canopy for our 4 month old, who loves it and still fits in it ok. We've given it a nice fleecey inlay and she sleeps in it every time.

The downside is the 'access' ie putting your baby in from the back, or more often taking them out, and keeping them asleep is quite difficult I find.

Otherwise they;'re great. 3 year old toddler loves it too. They're not cheap of course but resale value is pretty good.

aDad Sun 25-Feb-07 13:04:50

should add we didn't use it when dd2 was newborn, just used a sling for a few weeks. But I dont think the swaying is a problem.

littlesthobo Sun 25-Feb-07 13:18:56

Thanks for the feedback - we're definitely interested in the potential for carrying 2 children in it, although still weeks away from no. 1 coming along! But that doesn't stop salespeople trying to press the insert on us now - guess you've got to have a system...

aDad Sun 25-Feb-07 13:22:19

ah sorry presumed you were having your second!

We never thought about getting one when we only had one dc - we live in a city and opted for lightweight and portable. These do make nice singles though and are sturdy so would last.

lou031205 Sun 25-Feb-07 15:48:46

Hi, my husband and I have the E3V2, and have found it great!

Millie went in it with cocoon from birth, no problem. Slight sway is soothing for bubba - she always seemed to fall asleep.

We put her into the sleepy baby position from about 4 months with no problems, I think it is no different than her sitting in a car seat at that stage, and she was never in it for more than about 1 hour.

Also, you can use the travel adaptor to fix the car seat on, which is useful.

Millie is now 14 months, and our second baby is due in September. It is really useful that we can go out & buy the second seat, and we then have a double buggy!

Hope that helps.

Louisexx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now