Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Needing reassurance

(30 Posts)
Crazyvaperlady Wed 25-Jan-17 16:04:54

Hi all, this will be a long one, so I apologise.
Had cramping yesterday all day and I attended A&E who told me to ring my local EPU today, I'm booked in for a scan tomorrow. However all day today I've had steadily worse cramps and been losing small amounts of brown blood. Cramps are mainly on my right side, where my tummy is hard. 10 weeks 5 days and dreading the scan tomorrow! Need advice to keep me sane please!

MouseLove Wed 25-Jan-17 18:51:19

Try not to worry right now. All you can do is relax and be as best as you can be for baby. It could be anything from normal cramps as baby moves and the placenta grows. To a small bleed on your womb or even a cyst which is completely normal. (It's where the egg comes from at your ovary) so don't assume the worse first.

FX for tomorrow, let us know how baby is. X

Crazyvaperlady Wed 25-Jan-17 20:25:43

Thank you mouse! It's just so hard to relax... brown blood has now changed to milky pinky slightly reddish in colour now so am definitely assuming the worst! Will defo update, good or bad.

m33r Wed 25-Jan-17 21:17:19

Good luck crazy flowers

BingThing Wed 25-Jan-17 22:16:29

No advice to offer but best of luck tomorrow x x

jld128 Wed 25-Jan-17 22:27:13

try to relax as much as possible sending positive thoughts x

NurseRosie Wed 25-Jan-17 22:38:13

I had a similar experience and had an early scan. I was told cramping in early pregnancy can be quite normal due to the change in hormones and stretching of the uterus, i had no idea to expect it. EPU couldn't find a cause for the blood loss but said it is common. Please try not to worry. I know not everyone gets the outcome i did but if it makes you feel better, after all that stress i now have a 10 week old baby boy. Good luck for tomorrow, fingers crossed that everything is ok for you x

Gooseygoosey12345 Wed 25-Jan-17 22:50:44

I had the same at around 8 weeks. 15 weeks now and the EPU said there was no apparent reason for it but I had a cyst which has thankfully shrunk since. Try not to worry, it's more common than you think. Good luck

Crazyvaperlady Thu 26-Jan-17 07:52:16

Thanks all... just been for a wee and it's back to brown smudges. My appointment is 11.45 so I'll update asap smile

m33r Thu 26-Jan-17 08:31:37

Thinking of you crazy x

Beth6487 Thu 26-Jan-17 09:16:58

Hi, sending you all of my love. I had a bleed at around 8 weeks there was a lot of blood so naturally I thought it was a miscarriage, went in and they told me it was a group of cells surrounding the baby that had burst. Baby was fine. The other week I had one clot of brown blood, again baby was fine. Hope your doing well and hope everything turns out in your favour xoxoxo

Titchypanda Thu 26-Jan-17 09:20:18

Thinking of you, hope you're ok x

TheTantrumCometh Thu 26-Jan-17 09:22:31

I hope your appointment goes ok today

JonSnowsWhore Thu 26-Jan-17 09:59:51

Fingers crossed for you today, I'm sure everyone else here will be right & it'll be nothing to worry about, don't stress if you can help it x

Crazyvaperlady Thu 26-Jan-17 14:37:35

Hi all... it's not good news. Was carrying twins but unfortunately they stopped developing at 8 weeks. Booked in for d&c Tuesday. Thanks for the advice x

Rubberubberduckduck Thu 26-Jan-17 15:34:27

Ah I'm so sorry. flowers

JonSnowsWhore Thu 26-Jan-17 15:41:03

Oh that's awful, really sorry to hear that

Titchypanda Thu 26-Jan-17 16:13:16

I'm so sorry for your loss xx

Doolallylally Thu 26-Jan-17 16:15:11

So very sad to read of your loss flowers xxx

raviolidreaming Thu 26-Jan-17 16:28:29

I'm so sorry flowers

Crazyvaperlady Thu 26-Jan-17 16:31:15

Thank you all... kind of numb but have a son to concentrate on so hey ho I guess life goes on!

Crazyvaperlady Thu 26-Jan-17 16:32:13

Does anyone have experience of a d&c vs letting nature take its course as I'm very undecided right now.

Rubberubberduckduck Thu 26-Jan-17 16:47:24

I don't I'm afraid as my 3 mc have all been natural however my friend had one at 12 weeks when it was a mmc (Hb stopped at 8 weeks) and for her it was the right thing to do as it's over fairly quickly and there was no sign of a natural mc happening.

Really feel for you x

Waterfeature Thu 26-Jan-17 16:51:15

So sorry. I'm also waiting. I had a natural mc last time but this time I'm not sure if I can bear waiting for it to start unannounced.

There's good info on the miscarriage association website.

flowers

MotherofA Thu 26-Jan-17 17:14:20

I chose d&c, a friend waited and it took a good six weeks to come away . Not pleasant plus longer for your body to wait to get back to cycle . Bless you I hope it is all over soon for you flowersflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now