Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

10 more weeks at work - had enough! Rant alert!!!

(6 Posts)
SunnyDayDreaming101 Wed 25-Jan-17 09:46:09

Hi all,

Just a big old rant really.

Been struggling with work since I conceived DC1. It's a full on intense job working on average 60 hours a week with a good deal of travel.

I am shattered and at the end of my rope, motivation in the boots, everything hurts and heartburn and nosebleeds are brutal. That being said I am struggling with not being a good employee, I keep thinking if I was my boss I would be pissed off with me not performing as I normally do

10 more weeks to go and I can't see how I'm going to make it, reluctant to take time off sick as I never do but all out of holidays. Guess I will just keep on going for a while, keep my head down.

Just needed a rant, isn't the third trimester fun!

Beth6487 Wed 25-Jan-17 10:51:12

right here with you sister! Rant full steam ahead!!
I'm the same as you, I'm only second trimester though, not been an easy pregnancy and to be honest I dread when I get any bigger than I am now because every days a struggle. I'm on my feet running around all day plus a lot of travelling like you!
People have been telling me at work oh pregnancy isn't an illness. Screw that! Yes, pregnancy isn't an illness. However, the health issues that pregnancy BRINGS ON are!!
You're boss can be as pissed off as they want if you're struggling then your struggling it's not like you don't have a reason.
If you need to take time off to recoup or to have a break then do it! X

EdenX Wed 25-Jan-17 16:23:08

I went on ML at 30 weeks with my first two and intend to do the same with this one!

IMissGin Wed 25-Jan-17 16:38:01

I feel you! I'm 34weeks, 4weeks to go... counting down the seconds

jpeg28 Wed 25-Jan-17 18:28:28

I feel your pain!! 10 weeks to go for me too! I'm 28+1 and wish I could give up now! Everyone at work is pissing me off too! My head of dept is so rubbish and barely does any work and it's really stressing me out how little he does and leaves it all to me! Today we fell out as I told him it was his responsibility to sort out who is teaching my timetable when I go on maternity leave, apparently that wasn't the right thing to say! I ended up sorting most of it myself angry

LottieL Wed 25-Jan-17 18:44:38

I feel your pain entirely. Three weeks left on Friday and I can't stomach one more minute of it. Training my replacement isn't going well at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now