Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stomach pains in early pregnancy

(7 Posts)
zaalitje Tue 24-Jan-17 22:56:22

I found out a week ago I was pg, I'm now 5 weeks.

Since I found out I've had period like cramps, is this normal? Or is this leading to a miscarriage?

SpunBodgeSquarepants Wed 25-Jan-17 00:17:51

I'm 8+4 and had these plus horrendous lower back pain up till last week, thankfully they've died down now although I do keep getting the odd twinge!
It's perfectly normal - just your uterus adjusting to having a baby growing inside it smile

memyselfandaye Wed 25-Jan-17 00:21:54

Stretching pains, I felt like my period was going to come every day for around a month.

Twinnypops Wed 25-Jan-17 08:42:08

Best to speak to your GP or midwife just in case x

GummyGoddess Wed 25-Jan-17 09:04:30

Yes, I had horrible cramps for weeks and was convinced that I was about to start bleeding. I never did and ds is almost 4 months old now.

It will reassure you to speak to the early pregnancy unit though, mine were lovely.

MouseLove Wed 25-Jan-17 09:58:46

It's completely normal. It's baby getting comfy. You may also have a little cyst from where the egg came from your ovary, this is also very very normal and healthy but can cause a little more discomfort. Try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

MumBeth Wed 25-Jan-17 12:03:11

Always speak to your midwife or doctor if you are worried. They will soon recommend you for a scan if they are worried.

I had severe pains early on and it turned out I had damaged muscle from throwing up so much.

Best advice is just to relax. Maybe with a bath and candles?

Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now