Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stomach Bug from hell....any need to worry?

(7 Posts)
DetentionGrrrl Sun 25-Feb-07 08:31:24

Am i right in thinking it's safe for the baby? Have spent all night vomiting, listening to DP vomiting, or cleaning DS's. Baby won't be affected by my bug, will it?

belgo Sun 25-Feb-07 08:33:12

have you got a temperature? It's most likely nothing to worry about, but you should speak to a doctor/mw, especially if you have a temperature.

oh and many sympathies! doesn't sound like fun.

colditz Sun 25-Feb-07 08:33:32

As far as I know, your baby will be fine. I had a sickness bug with both pregnancies, and the only worry was getting dehydrated.

DetentionGrrrl Sun 25-Feb-07 08:34:30

no temp for me, thankfully.

DS been awful though, so been more worried about him. he seems on the mend though, thankfully. was pretty scary for a while.

Nicki10 Sun 25-Feb-07 09:55:47

I had food poisoning a few weeks ago and the midwife told me that as long as I didn't have a temperature the baby would be fine so you should be OK. Poor you though it doesn't sound like you had a very fun night. xxx

DetentionGrrrl Sun 25-Feb-07 16:35:54

DS has since pood on the floor (escaped from his nappy) Blurgh!

DP passed out on the living room floor.

I feel sick, and can't wait for DS to go to sleep so i can collapse under the duvet.

sparklybits Sun 25-Feb-07 19:11:55

many sympathies indeed. i had this too. originally thought it was a bad reaction to some painkillers i'd been given after a sinus op on tuesday. wish it had been.

I had got out of hosp on weds a.m. on weds night my stomach did the most gurgling ever and by 2 am I had diarrohea.. got to the point where I made it from the loo, a few steps to wash my hands and then back to the loo again. just pure liquid.

Felt sick all the time and this built up and up with a banging headache. I had a v high temperature from start up until 24 hours after this the projectile vomitting started. Not nice being sick with a nose still bleeding from turbinate surgery.

Am ttc and doctors looked at me like I was mad when they said 'any chance you could be pregnant' and I said, 'am hopeful - am on cd21'.

Thought I'd post this to indicate how my bug went. Had doctor out on the Thursday morning and started to feel better on Friday. She said there is a lot going round.

Take care everyone - it does pass - and fingers crossed it hasn't wrecked my ttc

DententionGrrrl - I drunk 7 up, took paracetomol & ate dry toast. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now