Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help!?! I'm confused

(21 Posts)
BrownXeyes Tue 24-Jan-17 16:54:14

On the 17th December 2016 I found out I was pregnant. Unfortunately I was rushed to hospital on the 5th of January and was told I was actually 9 weeks pregnant and was having an ectopic. I had to have surgery where my tube/pregnancy was removed. I bled after surgery for about a week that then stopped. My partner and I had sex after that unprotected and now a little over a week after I am having brown discharge/ light spotting. Is it possible I am pregnant again so soon after or is this from the ectopic? I have no pains or anything just this spotting when I wipe and light spotting in a pad here and there.

Heirhelp Tue 24-Jan-17 17:30:40

You could be pregnant or it could be the start of your period. You need to POAS

BrownXeyes Tue 24-Jan-17 17:43:48

It's been like this for 3 days and hasn't got any heavier which is why I think it's not my period, but I was also told a pregnancy test will show up positive for a few weeks anyway because of ectopic pregnancy so I am abit lost now!! I just didn't know if it was possible after having ectopic so recently and not having a period x

BrownXeyes Thu 26-Jan-17 15:15:30

Hiya I took a pregnancy test this morning which stated I was pregnant 1-2 weeks...is this right or could this be from the ectopic I had 3 weeks ago?

jinglebellmel Thu 26-Jan-17 15:19:02

I think your best bet would be to go to the dr or epu and ask for blood tests a couple of days apart. That way you'll know if your hcg is increasing or just left over from the ectopic - I don't think there's really any other way of knowing. Hope it's the outcome you want.

Bigbongos123 Thu 26-Jan-17 15:30:23

Have you tested negative post surgery? Until you've had a negative it's likely it's still prior hormones, I think it's unlikely you've got a new pregnancy (sorry) but I'm crossing my fingers for you anyways and truly hope you are ok post ectopic flowers

BrownXeyes Thu 26-Jan-17 15:50:11

Hiya thanks everyone! It's just strange I'm having the same symptoms as I had when found out in December...I stopped bleeding after op then a few days later got a spotting brown in colour which lasted 2days and went. I have only
Done the 1 test which says 1-2 weeks (digital) which falls when my
Partner and I first were together after op. But then I didn't know if it would show this due to hormones from
Ectopic.booked in at doctors today so hopefully they can help or tell me something! It's so frustrating because if I have got pregnant again I want to know as soon as possible after the ectopic it's quite petrifying! 😕 X

MuddyMoose Thu 26-Jan-17 16:06:34

Hope your Dr appointment has gone ok. I would say it's too soon to stick test after your ectopic pregnancy as your hormones will take a while to settle x

BrownXeyes Fri 27-Jan-17 13:34:22

Hi everyone doctors were no help said to retest in a week! But would of expected my levels to be at 0 now! So confusing!

Gooseygoosey12345 Fri 27-Jan-17 13:59:14

How frustrating for you!! Shall keep my fingers crossed for you flowers

BrownXeyes Fri 27-Jan-17 14:27:03

Would a digital test show a shorter pregnancy term? Has anyone been in this situation before that could give me advice?x

jinglebellmel Fri 27-Jan-17 19:05:50

Not really the same situation but my tests showed positive for about 5 weeks after a miscarriage - I think that's quite unusual but it can take a while for hormones to drop unfortunately. when is it you think you might have concieved? Does the 1-2 weeks match that?

BrownXeyes Fri 27-Jan-17 19:25:18

Yer that's the confusing thing I had sex 3 weeks ago today first time since my
Op x

haveacupoftea Fri 27-Jan-17 20:44:46

All you can do is keep testing with digis and see if the weeks indicator goes up?

BrownXeyes Fri 27-Jan-17 20:53:32

That's what I thought so going to do one next week! I would just rather know

jld128 Sat 28-Jan-17 00:04:44

so sorry for what you've been through i had a missed miscarriage in june last year and a full d&c but still had hormones in system in mid july i was told to wait until next period to be exactly sure that all traces are gone, fingers crossed x

BrownXeyes Sat 28-Jan-17 08:14:56

Thanks everyone! This page has been more help than doctors I suppose I'll sit and wait it out nothing more I can do!

jld128 Sat 28-Jan-17 08:54:09

it's a horrible horrible time and one i still think about on a daily basis! but you will get through this my periods were very irregular and i wondered if i'd ever conceive again but i had a period and i am now 16weeks so it can happen massive hugs and positive thoughts

McBaby Sat 28-Jan-17 09:04:23

I hope you get to the bottom of it. If the gp won't do hgc blood tests you could pay privately if your worried.

I had a miscarriage last summer at 10 weeks the baby had stopped growing at 4/5 weeks. It took a further 6 weeks to get a negative urine and blood test.

I conceived again less than a week after my last positive blood test and currently 26 weeks pregnant.

Bodies are strange and can take a while to get over things. So look after yourself.

BrownXeyes Sat 28-Jan-17 09:19:32

Thank you everyone I'll keep updated! X

BrownXeyes Sun 29-Jan-17 22:23:32

Hi everyone. I took another test and it has come back negative. So I am guessing that the spotting blood was my period just lighter as doctors warned!!! Hopefully my body will recover fully and then I can ttc again when I am ready flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now