Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

In hospital

(19 Posts)
birdling Tue 24-Jan-17 16:38:52

Being treated for suspected preeclampsia. Being kept in over night, any words of wisdom? sad

AreWeThereYet000 Tue 24-Jan-17 17:29:40

No words of wisdom just wanted to say I hope your doing okay, and if it is pre eclampsia you're in the right place flowers x

birdling Tue 24-Jan-17 18:19:38

Thanks! They're currently trying to get my blood pressure down. I desperately don't want to be kept in.sad

AreWeThereYet000 Tue 24-Jan-17 19:01:42

Fingers crossed they can, deep breathes to try and calm yourself too, are you far into your pregnancy? Xx

Barefootcontessa84 Tue 24-Jan-17 20:35:07

I'm in having been diagnosed with preeclampsia... they like to keep you in until delivery if it's confirmed. It took me a while to come to terms with - but remember it's about what's best for you and baby. How far along are you? Have you done the 24 hour urine yet? They won't diagnose without results from that.

birdling Wed 25-Jan-17 06:21:58

Hi everyone, sorry was too late to update last night. It's now been diagnosed as preeclampsia, so I think I might be stuck here. I'm only 28 weeks, but they've given me steroids, so I assume they think they might induce fairly early. Feel really bad about my other two LO's and my DH sad

FlipperSkipper Wed 25-Jan-17 07:54:23

Hi, I was also admitted yesterday with pre eclampsia. I'm 35+5 and am being induced tonight. No 24hr urine test here, but I have pre existing kidney disease which may mean different diagnostic procedure.

Barefootcontessa84 Wed 25-Jan-17 08:22:52

Hi flipper - yes I imagine preexisting kidney disease would mean a different diagnostic criteria, as the BP would likely affect you even more. I hope the induction is going well flowers

Barefootcontessa84 Wed 25-Jan-17 08:25:16

Sorry to hear that OP. How are your bloods/is your BP now under control? If you're only 28 weeks (that is when I was diagnosed), they should try and keep the baby in as long as possible, as long as you are stable. I had steroids then too, but still holding on at 32 weeks. My BP is on the rise again (despite being on methyldopa 750mg 4x a day), so it seems I might not get too much further - but fingers crossed. I've been told 34 weeks is a good milestone.

birdling Wed 25-Jan-17 11:59:07

I think my BP is around 140/90 so high for me but not too bad now. I'm waiting to see the doctor to find out what's going to happen.

birdling Sun 05-Mar-17 08:05:14

Update: I've now been in hospital for nearly 6 weeks. Blood pressure was stable for quite some time, but is now needing more and more medication to keep it low. Baby is also not growing properly any more. I feel bad because I almost wish they would just hurry up and get the baby out. I also want a c section, but I'm scared to ask.

DrDiva Sun 05-Mar-17 08:14:36

Just saw your update, birdling. Just wanted to wish you all the absolute best. And please do ask for a c-section if you need to - it will at least start a discussion! Is your baby engaged? I had my DS at 31 weeks by EMCS as he wasn't the slightest bit engaged, so no one even mentioned induction.

Also just wanted to say that he had slight IUGR. He started school this year, one of the tallest in the class, and racing ahead with reading etc, despite having gone up a year (he would have started school next year if he had made due date). He is currently leaping like a mad thing round the living room in nothing but a dressing gown...

I wish all the best too that your other children and DH. flowers

birdling Sun 05-Mar-17 08:19:22

No, baby not engaged. Currently changes position several times a day. My worry is, they'll scan to check baby is head down, find that is correct and start induction and then baby will move again during the process. 3rd pregnancy, small baby so it's quite likely.

DrDiva Sun 05-Mar-17 09:07:16

DS was head down, just not engaged, so still possible, hopefully?

It's been a long haul for you. How old are your other two?

birdling Sun 05-Mar-17 09:30:34

Baby is currently breech, but doing somersaults, I think grin.
My other children are 6 and nearly 3. They are wanting Mummy home now sad

DrDiva Sun 05-Mar-17 15:25:47

Well the somersaults are a good sign! When the surgeon put her hand on my tummy to start the c-section, DS gave her the biggest kick ever grin - it was a sign of things to come!

It must be so hard leaving your children for so long. They will be so excited to get you AND a new baby back home eventually.

Toocleverformyowngood Sun 05-Mar-17 22:50:17

Hope things are going well for you!

6 weeks! Bless you, id have lost my mind with boredom 5 weeks ago!

You'll be home back to your babies with your new baby very soon! flowers

Blossomdeary Sun 05-Mar-17 23:00:06

Hope those of you with this wretched condition will be well and home soon. flowers

birdling Mon 06-Mar-17 13:41:16

Many thanks everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now