Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.


(7 Posts)
user1819 Tue 24-Jan-17 13:17:33

Hello ladies!

In need of some advise or help!?

I'm currently 18 and 11 weeks pregnant. ( first baby)

I'm living with my mum. But she think me and my partner should get a place of our own..

My partner is 20 years old.

Is there anything I can claim for? Or any advise I can take please.
Will help a lot!

GreenGoblin0 Tue 24-Jan-17 14:43:23

are you working? is your partner? if not working what are you doing? eg seeking work / studying?

user1819 Tue 24-Jan-17 16:51:23

Thankyou for the reply,

I was working behind a bar but I've not been working for a while now..

The only thing I do currently is study at college x

TheTartOfAsgard Tue 24-Jan-17 16:54:12

Not sure if it still works this way but if you ask your mum to write you a letter stating you can no longer live at her house, and take it to your council then they will temporarily house you as homeless and you'll be put onto the homeseekers bidding system.

potatomama Tue 24-Jan-17 17:00:15

Go to your local CAB - they can help

GreenGoblin0 Tue 24-Jan-17 17:18:37

if you are studying full time then you are unlikely to be able to claim any benefits (eg you can't claim jsa if studying full time and you can't claim housing benefit either as this also generally not available for students (unless you have dependents or a disability).

is your boyfriend working?

GizmoFrisby Tue 24-Jan-17 18:11:19

Make an app at job centre plus. I don't think you would be able to claim anything until the baby arrives.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: