Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby Attach to c-section

(12 Posts)
Bennie2009 Tue 24-Jan-17 09:33:26

Had a scan yesterday baby is 6 weeks I was told baby is attach to the c-section please has anyone experience this

Frazzled2207 Tue 24-Jan-17 09:39:18

Hello.
Congratulations on your baby. Sorry what exactly have you been told this makes no sense. What is the symptom?

Frazzled2207 Tue 24-Jan-17 09:39:55

Sorry is your baby 6 weeks old or are you 6 weeks pregnant

876TaylorMade Tue 24-Jan-17 09:40:33

You mean the placenta has formed in the C-section scar?

WellErrr Tue 24-Jan-17 09:40:53

Did they say anything else?

AuntiePenguin Tue 24-Jan-17 09:41:39

Congratulations. At 6 weeks the scan technician will only be able to see that there is a baby in there, and that it is in the womb. They wouldn't be able to see or tell you anything else.

You'll have to wait for later scans to know more about the position of the baby.

I've never heard of a baby being attached to a c-section scar, maybe they were just telling you that could happen.

Lunalovepud Tue 24-Jan-17 10:04:23

I have heard of the placenta forming over a C Section scar - it was one of the risks to subsequent pregnancies explained to me before I had a section. As PPs said though, it is very early for someone to be able to say where the baby is embedded - at 6 weeks there isn't a functioning placenta as the baby is still getting his or her nourishment from the yolk sac. Please speak to your midwife and ask them for further info - they should be able to tell you what risks there are, if any, at this stage. Good luck.

FeralBeryl Tue 24-Jan-17 10:27:44

A 6 week sac is very likely to shift over as it grows, its relatively common for it to seem attached over the scar tissue at that stage.
For you, it may mean more regular scans and a slightly higher risk of a placental abruption (which they will explain nearer the time if it's relevant)
Congratulations btw flowers

Benby Tue 24-Jan-17 11:39:22

Hi I had this on my 7th pregnancy. We'll not quite this but baby had implanted quite close to my previous c section scar. My hospital took a wait and see approach but they thought it would be fine. Unfortunately the babies heart stopped at 8w3days but the doctor was suprised and didn't think it was anything to do with where it was implanted.
My problems started after I had the erpc. I was still bleeding 3 weeks after and also still showing a strong positive test. When I went back it turned out I had a blood clot in the c section scar. This was the start of months of back and forth trips to the hospital there was even talk of a hysterectomy at one point. But eventually everything resolved itself.
Myself and dh decided to try once more and I also put in to have my tubes tied, we decided whatever happened first was meant to be. I"m currently 30 weeks pregnant and i'll be having my 4th and last section at 38 weeks. They said my scar is quite thin so can't risk going to 39 weeks.
My advice is to hope for the best but be prepared in case things go wrong. I also didn't have a higher risk of it happening again it was the same risk with anyone who had a previous section .
Best of luck and I hope it all goes well for you

Bennie2009 Tue 24-Jan-17 12:30:55

Thanks everyone I will be going next Monday for another scan

Bennie2009 Thu 09-Feb-17 10:29:55

Hi everyone went to see my doctor and he said I should just rest but am still spotting brown blood do anyone know how long it will last

Kirstyinnorway Thu 09-Feb-17 10:33:29

In the nicest possible way, OP, no one can tell you how long you will spot for. Some women spot through their pregnancies, other never do.

You have no choice but to sit tight and try to stay calm. Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now