Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

24 weeks extra discharge sorry if tmi

(4 Posts)
user1477229112 Tue 24-Jan-17 08:08:59

Hi ladies this is so embarrassing 24 weeks with no 2 and I've got so much discharge I feel constantly damp and even when I lie down, I am wondering if this is normal I can't work out if its discharge or pee as I am peeing a heck of a lot but also slightly worried it could be fluid. I've got so damp down there I'm really chaffed and it's so painful, is it normal ? X

Laura05 Tue 24-Jan-17 09:04:25

Hi I didn't want to read and run but I remember getting an excessive load of discharge around that time and wondered the same as you (leaking is how my labour with dc2 started).
Put a sanitary towel on and keep an eye on it. If it's becoming wet then phone your hospital asap to get checked for fluid.
Mine fortunately was just discharge so I didn't phone the hospital but better to be on the safe side if you're worried.

Hopefully someone more helpful will be along soon (flowers)

Vida32 Tue 24-Jan-17 09:18:54

I had lots of watery discharge at about 17 weeks and went to the GP to get it checked. All normal. I've done a lot of research online (but am no medical expert). There seem to be a few things you can do/check yourself but, most importantly, I would say call your midwife. You need some expert advice.
The suggestions I have come across are:
- Put a pad on and lie down for half an hour, do you then get a gush or something like it when you stand up? If so, it could be fluid.
- Again with a pad on, is it getting really wet? It's easy for cotton knickers to feel very damp after just a small amount of liquid. A pad will give you a better idea of how much it is.
- Does it smell? If it's a vaginal infection it may smell. Normal discharge is fairly odourless. If it's urine it should smell like urine. Fluid might smell sweet, as I understand it, but may also have no smell.
- What colour is it? This won't tell you what exactly it is but pink, brown or bloodstained or green as opposed to clear, white or very pale yellow would give you a strong indication you need to get checked out immediately.
I've had several episodes of lots of discharge since (am now 25+2) and have always found putting a pad on and lying down reassuring. It's usually practically dry when I get up - it just feels a lot when you don't have a pad on.
But, as I say, please, please call your midwife. You sound really uncomfortable and they will be able to give you the best advice.

harleysmammy Tue 24-Jan-17 13:37:00

I went in at 22 weeks for leaking and they wanted to check it wasn fluid. They did a cervix check and it wasnt fluid but they said discharge is really normal around this time. I had thrush at 9 weeks and had no symptoms, so i took the cream and because i had no symptoms i thought it had cleared up..turns out i still have it and im 26 weeks now. They said because the creams dont work on me and we cant take the tablet when pregnant, i would just have to deal with it haha. Could the chaffing be thrush? Im still always damp, i actually thought i might have wet myself last night but it was just discharge. If your worried about leaking being fluid, my midwife told me to get a soft measuring tape and measure around my stomach at my belly button and keep a track of how big you are measuring, if you are leaking the size would go down. It sounds crazy but it is actually quite fun seeing how big i am and its also really reassuring. Could just be normal discharge or maybe get yourself to the doctors for thrush x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now