Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dandruff - which shampoos are safe during pregnancy?

(3 Posts)
Lucinda15 Mon 23-Jan-17 16:54:35

I have always struggled with mild dandruff, and have learned to avoid SLS and use natural shampoos where possible. I have tried and don't like/won't use t-gel, head and shoulders etc etc.

I am 20 weeks pregnant and have been using Avalon organic tea tree shampoo since before pregnancy, which has been working well (I'm aware there is a question mark over whether tea tree oil safe in pregnancy but have decided I'm happy to use it based on what I've read). But over the last fortnight the dandruff has become so much worse, I'm not sure why! So I need to try another shampoo I think.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good shampoo that's safe in pregnancy?

Thanks.

divadee Mon 23-Jan-17 18:00:05

I haven't heard of using a different shampoo in pregnancy. I have just continued using my usual one. I think any anti dandruff shampoo that you choose will be fine. I wouldn't panic too much.

NewMum17 Mon 23-Jan-17 22:06:57

Me neither. Didn't know shampoos would affect anything so continued using my usual too. I'm sure it should be fine but maybe check online or try something natural from places like Body Shop or Lush maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now