Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

High BMI

(10 Posts)
tixixlixvix86 Mon 23-Jan-17 13:09:14

Hi All,

I'm new to Mumsnet, I've searched for the above topic, but I cannot find anything - so apologies if there is already another thread.

I am at 13 weeks now with my first pregnancy. My BMI is at 48 - which I am aware isn't ideal! Anyone else on here in the same position?

Also, at size 22/24 I'm struggling to find Maternity wear. Am I looking in the right places?

Thank you all in advance! halo

Calmisthemantra Mon 23-Jan-17 13:53:13

Hi I also have a high bmi (40) but still early days (4+4) with my 3rd and just trying to eat better before the awful sickness kicks in and all I'll want is beige. I'm planning on continuing with slimming world throughout my pregnancy.
Clothes wise I'm hoping to stay in my clothes as long as possible (mainly tunic dresses and leggings) but I'd love to find some nice jeans. I think Yours does plus size maternity. Things like bump bands help you stay in your own trousers longer

tixixlixvix86 Mon 23-Jan-17 14:01:49

Thank you so much for your reply!

I'm eating well, infact fruit like it's going out of fashion! I loved a drink before being pregnant- so that was where my calories came from!

I'll have a look on Yours! Thank you for the heads up! X

vfoster Mon 23-Jan-17 16:34:37

Hello! I have high BMI too. I'm around the 41 mark and I know it's not ideal but it didn't cause me any issues in my first pregnancy and now I'm 15+1 with my second!
I've found Next and ASOS maternity wear ideal and I wear about a size 18.
Congrats on your pregnancies 😃

sj257 Mon 23-Jan-17 17:25:10

Mine is 41, haven't had any problems during pregnancy. I'm 40+5 now. I've lived in stretchy harem trousers and jogging bottoms all the way through haven't bought any maternity clothes x

SharkBastard Mon 23-Jan-17 17:28:07

My BMI is 42, I'm now 27 weeks and managed to put on only 6lbs thanks to feeling like shit for 18 weeks!

I'm just watching what I eat and trying gentle exercise. You may be required to go for a GTT to check for gestational diabetes but that's about it.

I've stayed in leggings and tunics, I'm reluctant to buy any maternity clothes as I won't wear them again!

Congratulations

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Mon 23-Jan-17 17:41:21

Asos goes up to your size im pretty sure in maternity stuff.

At your bmi you are considered very high risk so please be realistic with what you will and won't be able to do ie no water birth, might be hard to have a ctg strap on due to belly fat etc.

You should ask for a GTT if you are not offered one.

sweetchilli77 Mon 23-Jan-17 18:24:58

Yours Clothing do a maternity range, there already a plus size company. Im a 22-24 at 26 week and have just bought bigger sizes

SpunBodgeSquarepants Mon 23-Jan-17 19:26:19

My bmi is 44, I'm 8+2 so not at the point of maternity wear searching yet but I'm already dreading it. Hate clothes shopping at the best of times!

I'm trying so hard to make the right choices with food but all I can stomach at the moment is cake sad

user1474068825 Mon 23-Jan-17 22:14:26

Hi, congratulations on your pregnancy!
I started off with a BMI of 39 and now sitting at 42 at 38+3.
Booking in I was a size 20/22 and only needed to start wearing maternity clothes from 25weeks. I managed to buy my maternity clothes from Asda, matalan, next and Dorothy Perkins. I know Bon prix do a maternity range and carry larger sizes!
Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now