Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone advise about leakage?

(15 Posts)
ScoobyDooooo Sat 24-Feb-07 20:25:45

I asked on here about my friend the other night, she has just called & said she keeps leaking can you advise what she is suppost to be looking out for is it clear with a smell or without? also if it is waters is it dangerous? how long should she wait & should she let mw know?

sorry for all questions...

belgo Sat 24-Feb-07 20:29:45

How far pregnant is she? If she suspects her waters are breaking, she should definately contact her mw.

Miaou Sat 24-Feb-07 20:29:46

Wow scooby, thought you were pg for a moment there!

If she is leaking amniotic fluid then it is clear (or "straw-coloured") and (iirc) doesn't smell of anything. OTOH, if she is leaking urine then obviously she would be able to smell it!

How far on is she?

jules99 Sat 24-Feb-07 20:31:19

just read an artical in march 07 mother and baby magazine about something to do with leakage. hope its not the same but look up... oligohydramnios, symptoms include leakage, occurs in about 4% of pregs.

ScoobyDooooo Sat 24-Feb-07 20:32:39

Er Miaou i can safely say i am not thank god

She is now 36+4 with 2nd baby she has been having a few probs, she thought it was urine because it was happening when laughinh coughing etc a couple of days ago but tonight it is just leaking.

I think she is calling the hospital now, should she wear a pad to find out? it would be clear in the pad then?

ScoobyDooooo Sat 24-Feb-07 20:33:07

Jules will look that up now! Thank you

fishie Sat 24-Feb-07 20:33:42

yes ring mw, always ring mw if in doubt . also have a look on childbirth topic, there should be a few with titles like 'is this waters going?'

ScoobyDooooo Sat 24-Feb-07 20:33:51

Can you tell i have never had any leaking probs

Miaou Sat 24-Feb-07 20:33:55

Yes, wear a pad, then give it a sniff - they will want to know if she has done this before contacting the hospital anyway.

Could be that her hindwaters have gone.

Miaou Sat 24-Feb-07 20:34:43

Yes I read that today jules

jules99 Sat 24-Feb-07 20:35:01

prob not what i read about as it seems that it happens earlier on in pregnancy.

i hope your friend is ok scooby x x

ScoobyDooooo Sat 24-Feb-07 21:01:54

She is off to have a bath then put a pad in & see what happens from there, thank you for you help

ScoobyDooooo Sat 24-Feb-07 21:01:54

She is off to have a bath then put a pad in & see what happens from there, thank you for you help

Miaou Sat 24-Feb-07 21:05:59

Hope she is OK. If she is losing fluid she needs to be checked because of a) the risk of infection and b) the possibility that there might not be enough fluid left round the baby. Let us know how she gets on

ScoobyDooooo Sat 24-Feb-07 22:45:30

Thanks will let you know, have not heard anything since so i presume she is ok at the mo otherwise she would be on the phone,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now