Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I being neurotic or is this normal?

(13 Posts)
Sunshinie Sun 22-Jan-17 16:16:37

This morning I felt a 'gush' which felt a bit like when a period is starting. I went to the loo and knickers were soaked and smelled sickly sweet (it definitely wasn't wee!) I changed and didn't think much of it but since then I have felt very damp, although no more gushes. I've just changed again and put a liner in.
I'm 21 weeks and know this is too early to be worrying about counting kicks or anything but have felt definite movement every day for a while now and they have been strong enough for dh to feel and for me to see sometimes.
Anyway, it occurred to me a while ago that I hadn't really felt anything today so I had a big glass of water, then orange juice while lying on the sofa but felt nothing. Eventually I got a bag of frozen peas and put it on my bump, and I felt a very slight kick.
Should I be worrying about this enough to phone the hospital? As I did feel something I definitely don't want to be wasting anyone's time. I'm really not sure and google has confused me even more!

FellOutOfBed2wice Sun 22-Jan-17 16:18:14

I would go to triage. It can't hurt and no one will be cross with you. I had an anterior placenta with my eldest and was down there for monitoring a lot. No one ever said anything in any way negative.

haveacupoftea Sun 22-Jan-17 16:22:31

Yes ring the hospital, if you're leaking fluid youll need a scan, i would go asap tbh.

PotteringAlong Sun 22-Jan-17 16:23:30

Ring, take your pad in with you so they can check if it's amniotic fluid.

IndianaMoleWoman Sun 22-Jan-17 16:25:13

Phone triage and see what they say. Also, keep your liners - I know it sounds gross but when my waters went early the midwives could tell by looking at the fluid, which was more of a slow drip after the initial gush. If it was waters, you need to be assessed.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 22-Jan-17 16:27:31

Yes,please seek help x

MTMFH Sun 22-Jan-17 16:36:27

Go and get checked out. It could be nothing but maternity units would rather check you over. Good luck 💐

Sunshinie Sun 22-Jan-17 16:37:56

Thanks for the advice. Just rang the maternity unit and midwife told me to get a proper maternity pad and lie on my left side for an hour. I've sent husband out looking for them

ColourfulOrangex Sun 22-Jan-17 16:48:56

Hope all is oki OP flowers

Sunshinie Mon 23-Jan-17 10:41:03

Just wanted to update in case anyone else is googling like I was and comes across this thread. I went into hospital last night and was seen my a midwife and doctor who were very nice and didn't make me feel like a time waster at all. They said it looked like normal discharge and wasn't anything to worry about but it's possible I could have leaked a little fluid in the morning. Baby was fine and they found the heartbeat straight away. The midwife said it looked like I had a water infection, although I haven't felt it so just have to wait for them to phone and tell me.
I'm glad I went in as I would never have slept otherwise and couldn't eat either.

ColourfulOrangex Mon 23-Jan-17 10:42:11

I'm glad everything is oki with you and baby flowers

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 23-Jan-17 11:06:39

Phew! smile

FellOutOfBed2wice Mon 23-Jan-17 11:24:30

Great news!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now