Talk

Advanced search

Post coital bleeding

(4 Posts)
typhoonsmum Sat 24-Feb-07 17:36:04

Had a post coital bleed at 13 weeks. It wasn't heavy, just a smear really but following two miscarriages it has put me off sex.
I am now 18 weeks and have not had sex since. DP makes occasional comments about the lack of it. He says he is only joking as he knows it winds me up but I feel I should try again I'm just scared.
If anything happens to the baby then I'd blame it on the sex.

Anyone else experienced the same?

lissielou Sat 24-Feb-07 17:37:47

yes with ds, it was cervical erosions and we didnt have sex for the rest of my pg your body goes thru so many changes esp your fango, speak to your mw tho if youre worried

Lemmiwinks Sun 25-Feb-07 10:42:42

I totally understand your nervousness typhoonsmum, but there's two things to keep in mind. Firstly, you need to do whatever makes you feel comfortable but secondly, you should remember that sex does not bring on miscarriage. Remember also that after 12 weeks the rate of miscarriage is greatly decreased. I had this type of post coital spotting during the first trimester and it did make me nervous and DH and I abstained for a few weeks even tho I knew it wasn't anyting bad per say but it just made me nervous. It really was nothing to worry about tho and this problem stopped around 12 weeks and everything was thankfully fine. It hopefully will have stopped for you too now but it's not that uncommon to have some post coital spotting whilst pregnant and it's generally caused by increased blood supply and softening of the cervix. You should still definitely call your midwife and mention it though, always best to be safe rather then sorry, and she can advise you accordingly. Hope this helps!

Taichimum Sun 25-Feb-07 21:44:17

I had this at 20 weeks. GP said it is very common and usually nothing to worry about. He just told me to lay off penetrative sex for a few weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now