Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling scared... this is a good strong positive isn't it?!

(27 Posts)
10storeylovesong Sun 22-Jan-17 09:22:35

Hi, we've been ttc #2 for 3 years this month and had 3 chemicals and a mc between Jan and Jun last year.

I'm currently CD26, I think 11DPO, and this was my test this morning. I know it's no real indication but the tests for my chemicals only showed from day AF was due and were very faint.

This is quite a strong line considering AF isn't due yet, isn't it? (Clutching at straws!!)

10storeylovesong Sun 22-Jan-17 09:23:56

It's actually stronger in rl, just can't get a good photo!

ellesbellesxxx Sun 22-Jan-17 09:25:06

Looks fab! Congratulations!!

Orangebird69 Sun 22-Jan-17 09:25:33

I would say so. My bfp when I was 6 days past AF wasn't that strong!

10storeylovesong Sun 22-Jan-17 09:28:25

Eek, so scared and trying not to let myself get excited, but it's such a clear line! I have absolutely no other symptoms though, apart from wanting to sleep all day! And with my ds I was being sick from 2 days before a positive test until the day I gave birth, so the lack of symptoms is worrying.

Orangebird69 Sun 22-Jan-17 09:31:15

I know it's easier said that done but try not to worry. It won't help. And don't forget, every single pregnancy is different so no symptoms right now is not indicative of anything flowers

10storeylovesong Sun 22-Jan-17 09:34:13

Thank you. I keep telling myself that. I'm not allowed to talk about it in real life as dh doesn't want me to get my hopes up. He wants this as much as I do, we've just been through a lot of heartbreak over the last 3 years and he's more practical than I am!

ellesbellesxxx Sun 22-Jan-17 10:52:00

I didn't get any symptoms until I started being sick at 5 weeks.. and that's with twins! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months x

10storeylovesong Sun 22-Jan-17 12:13:57

Thank you! I know I just have to wait, patience isn't my strong point!

CuppaSarah Sun 22-Jan-17 13:52:33

Stronger than my 11dpo positive and he's ripping up his big sisters duplo cakes right now I have everything crossed for a healthy and quick, uneventful nine months!

kep1979 Sun 22-Jan-17 15:28:33

That is a lovely line for 11 dpo - fingers crossed for you! Oh and congratulations flowers

haveacupoftea Sun 22-Jan-17 15:31:00

Yep, thats a good line. The next few weeks will be hard so take care and try to keep your mind occupied. Fx for you!

jinglebellmel Sun 22-Jan-17 15:59:14

Looks strong for 11dpo, good luck!

UnbornMortificado Sun 22-Jan-17 16:01:17

10Storey I'm in a similar position, it's killing me not being able to say anything in RL.

Congratulations and Good Luck flowers

oldbirdy Sun 22-Jan-17 16:06:29

Aww tenstorey good luck. My dh always says that song is his to me (we have the lyrics above our bed) but we will share it 😊

UnbornMortificado Sun 22-Jan-17 16:08:30

Meant to add I'm symptom free apart from tiredness.

I've had four DC (I have 2 living daughters) and I had different symptoms with all four pregnancies.

haveacupoftea Sun 22-Jan-17 16:17:58

Oh yeah i'm 21 weeks have never had some of the symptoms people talk about. Started to get hungry and tired around 9 weeks but thats about the height of it!

LoveDeathPrizes Sun 22-Jan-17 16:20:23

It's a beauty. Congratulations!

10storeylovesong Sun 22-Jan-17 16:39:01

Thanks all. I had this today, which I didn't have with any of the others so feeling curiously optimistic!

Good luck to you too Unborn!!

Haha Oldbirdy, it was our first dance song - we'll agree to share!

oldbirdy Sun 22-Jan-17 19:01:58

Btw I lost 3 when I had low vitamin d; one at 9 weeks and two chemicals. Take a daily vitamin d if you don't already. My pregnancy with vitamin d boosted was the only one of 8 pregnancies with no bleeding / miscarriage in 1st trimester x

10storeylovesong Sun 22-Jan-17 22:33:30

Ooh that's a very good tip, thank you. I'll stock up tomorrow.

10storeylovesong Tue 24-Jan-17 08:07:38

Looks like another chemical. I got into EPU yesterday and they gave me progesterone and extra strength folic acid, but I started with some red blood and stomach cramps overnight. There's not a lot of blood yet but it's bright red but it looks like my period starting,

oldbirdy Tue 24-Jan-17 08:41:15

Oh so sorry. Fwiw my last 2 children were both conceived the cycle immefiately after a chemical; I think there was a little extra progesterone around. Have you had a vitamin d test? Your GP might do one. I had very low bit d and started a rescue regime 2weeks after my final chemical. Didn't know it but was already preg with my DD who was the most straightforward early pregnancy I had. Will be thinking of you x

oldbirdy Tue 24-Jan-17 08:42:29

Or, it could be implantation....Fingers crossed x

10storeylovesong Tue 24-Jan-17 09:45:45

I've not had vitamin d tests but did get some yesterday and started taking them on your recommendation.

Would implantation not be before I got a positive test? x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now