Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

should i worry?

(11 Posts)
hotchoc Sat 24-Feb-07 17:07:01

hi again, nearing 9 weeks pg and having a slightly brown/creamy discharge, sorry for the graphic content of this msg! got low abdominal ache/cramp too but probably no more than usual, i am just hyperaware of it at the mo. should i contact the doc or hospital or is it pretty normal at this stage, never experienced this with the other pregs. thanks xhot chocx

FurryFox Sat 24-Feb-07 18:51:03

No experience of this myself I'm afraid but bumping this for you.x

lulumama Sat 24-Feb-07 19:00:26

brown is old blood
fresh red blood or a 'prune juice' type loss with pain can be indicative of an ectopic , or other problem..

it is more likely all is well and you are experiencing the stretching and cramping as the uterus and ligaments stretch ....

if you are concerned, call the midwife x

Lemmiwinks Sun 25-Feb-07 03:07:37

It is quite common to get this type of spotting/discharge in early pregnancy and sometimes later on as well but any kind of bleeding or bloody discharge should be seen to, it's just not an emergency if it's nothing more than you are describing. I would ring up your doctor or midwife and describe it to them, if nothing else for peace of mind. I had a similar thing from about 5 weeks until I was around 10 weeks, but in addition I also had fresh, red blood spotting/discharge and I also had some mild cramping like you, but thankfully all was well and it was nothing to worry about. I did get it checked out tho and it certainly put my mind at ease.

hotchoc Sun 25-Feb-07 07:25:09

thanks for the answers, not been allocated a midwife yet, but will phone hospital today to ease my mind. it went a bit pinker last night but seems ok this morning. lemmiwinks, thanks for the middle of the night answer!!! i thought i was early on the site this morning! hot choc x

Lemmiwinks Sun 25-Feb-07 10:08:37

No problem, hotchoc! Lol... Sleeping patterns have been terrible since becoming pregnant but luckily mumsnet gives me something to do whilst I wait to get tired! Btw, I wouldn't worry if it's become pinker so long as cramping doesn't increase and the spotting doesn't get much heavier then it is now. This is exactly what happened to me, i.e. started off brownish and got pinker and then alternated until it finally stopped eventually. You can also always call your GP if you are not allocated a midwife yet, he/she can advise you and possibley get you seen by a midwife sooner if you are worried. My GP set up an appointment for a scan by the EPU just to check it all out thoroughly and that really settled my mind. I wouldn't worry tho, I'm sure it is all fine. Good luck!

Moorhen Sun 25-Feb-07 10:16:07

Hi, just to say I had something very similar to Lemmiwinks (although started bright red and nearly gave me a heart attack), with brown blood discharge for days and days.
Had to have scans at six and eight weeks, and they found heartbeat straight away both times. Am now 20 weeks and getting kicked by a LO who seemed perfectly OK at 20-week scan.
They told me it's not normal, exactly, but it is very common. Still scary, though, I know, so sending e-sympathy...

hotchoc Sun 25-Feb-07 11:50:46

hi, now have some red spotting, have phoned nhs 24 and local hospital, no scans available until tomorrow worse luck. told me to have a quiet day, dh has taken kids out for a jaunt to the farm park. here's hoping it is nothing.......will let you know and thanks for support. hotchoc x

Lemmiwinks Mon 26-Feb-07 17:34:32

Just wondering how your scan went today, hotchoc? Hope everything is ok.

hotchoc Mon 26-Feb-07 18:55:11

not so good i'm afraid, thanks for asking, posted again today, they think the baby has stopped developing and is too small for dates. i am gutted and dh is really upset too. need to keep calm and see how it goes next monday when they scan again, unless it goes before then. feel v confused and sad. hot choc

lulumama Mon 26-Feb-07 19:19:30

really sorry hotchoc, xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now