Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks - strange feelings

(5 Posts)
user1465146157 Sun 22-Jan-17 05:00:27

Hi - I'm 39+4
The baby is moving A LOT right now, and I have more discharge than usual but its not a 'show' from descriptions i've read online, more opaque white? TMI i'm so sorry...

also tonight i'm having minor shooting twinges down below. Nothing thats involved screaming pain just feels weird and sharp, and i'm not sure what it means. Not had it before.

I can ring the MW first thing but as I'm awake (I've had insomnia for about 3 weeks!) thought i'd ask here if this sounds weird/familiar/normal?

FannyFifer Sun 22-Jan-17 05:38:36

Sounds like something is def starting to happen.

MrsH87 Sun 22-Jan-17 05:55:45

I've had this too from about 39 weeks. Now 40+2. Also can't sleep. It's a frustrating wait, isn't it! I described the pains as if the baby was testing her exit... I think she's decided it's too cold out and best to stay put!

user1465146157 Sun 22-Jan-17 14:40:06

thanks both - I've not called the mw as its all stopped now and not as much discharge but last night was definitely a new feeling!

the sleep thing is crazy, i'm going to try not to nap in the day today in order to try and get some kind of routine back

Trulyamnearanear Sun 22-Jan-17 18:33:05

39+1 and I'm also feeling like bump is trying to escape. I've not had any discharge but I've had the pains. And a grumpy DH expecting me to know when labour is going to properly kick off so he can tell work angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now