Talk

Advanced search

how does it feel when the baby moves?

(11 Posts)
pirin Sat 24-Feb-07 16:38:28

Hi,
This is my 1st pregnancy, I am 20 weeks and I am not sure if I started feeling the baby moving or if it's just wishful thinking. It does not feel like fluttering or rumbling stomach. It feels like my abdomen muscles are twitching or a bit like a pulse (but it's not regular). Is it the baby? It is, isn't it, it must be!!!

PeachyClair Sat 24-Feb-07 16:40:19

A bit like gentles bubbles in your tummy, ime but its a bit subjective!

lazyemma Sat 24-Feb-07 16:44:13

it is subjective. My very first movements (at maybe 19 weeks?) were like when you feel a fart building but then it never happens. Then as the baby got bigger and stronger, I felt more definite prods.

ShowOfHands Sat 24-Feb-07 17:04:31

When I first felt this baby moving I couldn't work out if I was imagining it- it wasn't like bubbles, butterflies or wind or any of the descriptions you usually read. I have found it hard to describe but I think you've just done it for me- it was like an irregular pulse, a bit like a small judder very low down that definitely couldn't have been gas/wind. Eventually began to feel exactly like having a little baby moving inside of me, but the first feelings were just as you describe.

Now I'm 29 weeks pregnant and it's like a constant attempt for the Olympic synchronised swimming gold taking place in there.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

lackofgravitas Sat 24-Feb-07 17:09:43

pirin, that is exactly how it felt for me, so I would say it's the baby!

AnnabelCaramel Sat 24-Feb-07 17:14:13

Like someone is flicking your insides with their finger.

Towards the end, like someone with hobnail boots is kicking your lungs!

novadandypowder Sat 24-Feb-07 17:15:57

I could only describe it as if popcorn was popping

bumperlicious Sat 24-Feb-07 17:32:30

Disconcerting is my description! The distracting. Annabel has is right with someone flicking you from inside. I'm now 24 weeks and can actually feel the baby. It really freaked me out for a while, I kept waking up in the morning and my bump would be hard and lopsided, took me 2 weeks to realise this is the baby, and you can now feel the little tyke from the outside.
TBH, I didn't really like it from when it started, I still find it a bit freaky! You wish for it to happen, and then you can't stop it moving! Not even at 4am!

ScummyMummy Sat 24-Feb-07 17:38:23

It's the baby for sure.

Eaglebird Sat 24-Feb-07 17:50:56

Lazyemma.
Love your description 'like when you feel a fart building but then it never happens'

PeachyClair Sat 24-Feb-07 18:32:04

Ha ha bumperlicious- you wait I remember ds1 shifting when I was in the bath, and clearly seeing his elbow jutting out- and HE was a low birthweight baby!!!!Tis like giving residence to an alien at the end!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now