Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So anxious

(36 Posts)
Amz26 Sat 21-Jan-17 23:53:26

So I'm 7+2 days tomorrow and I've book an early scan! Is it normal to feel nervous and anxious! If everything is going well will they Defo hear a heartbeat? Thanks for any replies in advance smile

Tanners1989 Sat 21-Jan-17 23:55:51

Hi I booked an early scan when my baby was only like 5 weeks! A circle she was! It's normal to be worried but try and learn to calm yourself down don't get worked up. Is it your first

Amz26 Sun 22-Jan-17 00:02:10

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Yes it's my first and I guess I don't know what to expect, did you see a heartbeat at five weeks? tanners

Tanners1989 Sun 22-Jan-17 10:35:15

Aww thought so! Erm I can't really remember sounds bad! I know she was a circle and they said she came from right ovary and said there is the sac etc but told me they can't tell me everything is fine at that early stage. But your 7 weeks right? All I say is every woman and baby is totally different! Some woman have clear amazing heartbeats on scans and others don't. Any concerns get it all out while she is doing it! You paid for this it's your time. Just remember everyone is different think you should put a little scan pic on this when you have it! Good luck and congratulations x

Catlady100 Sun 22-Jan-17 10:55:31

I saw the heart beating at 7 weeks - we saw the flashing on the screen 😊 I think you should do if your dates are right. X

Talcott2007 Sun 22-Jan-17 11:09:31

I had an early scan for DD8mths - just to be sure of the dates as she was a bit of a suprise (and I knew I would have to start taking clexane by 12 weeks for a pre-existing condition) they went with a vaginal scan and I was suprised how clear everything was - was dated 7w5 and there was an easily identifiable head and arm/leg buds that actually wriggled when I started talking to the sonographer. Even now I remember how nervous I felt before. Hope everything goes well for you

Amz26 Sun 22-Jan-17 13:32:18

Thanks ladies everything went well and they said it was a strong heartbeat and everything looked good... It was so emotional 🙈 I thought I was 7weeks 2days but she thought I was 7+4 days so I was really close anyway xx

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 22-Jan-17 14:53:03

Amz I've loved your story so far. So glad all is well and healthy!

Amz26 Sun 22-Jan-17 16:17:49

Thanks so much Sshsecretenclosed how's things with you going? X

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 22-Jan-17 17:05:57

Well I had a PEAK (CB)and positive OPK last week which reassured me that my body was waking up and ovulating - possibly. Other than that I'm beginning to realise this is a slow journey that needs me to be patient - doesn't mean I'm finding it easy though!

Amz26 Sun 22-Jan-17 21:46:16

Well that's good your body is starting to ovulate! It's Defo not easy waiting but it does take time.. got my fx for you xx

oliversmummy26 Mon 23-Jan-17 15:59:56

Amz26 how are you feeling about things now? Has the early scan made you feel less anxious? I have my booking in on wednesday and am going to ask the mw for an early scan to check dates (got pregnant immediately after a mmc) and for reassurance, if she says no I'm considering paying for a private one, but don't want to pay all that money (£100 here) and be just as anxious again a week later even if scan showed everything fine...??

Amz26 Mon 23-Jan-17 17:11:38

oliversmummy26 I feel 100% better having had the early scan.. The heartbeat was very strong and it Defo made be feel better!!! It was worth every penny but because you have had an MC before I do think you should wait to see I've you could get it on the NHS.. I paid close to £100 😐 Are you feeling anxious about your pregnancy too? X

oliversmummy26 Tue 24-Jan-17 13:11:08

Amz I go from feeling positive (because my symptoms have been so much stronger with this pregnancy than when I mc'd, although I know that every pregnancy is different and this doesn't necessarily mean anything, it makes me feel better), to being so scared of getting to a scan and there being nothing there sad I'm not sleeping well at the moment, I'm waking up a couple of times a night and struggle to get back off as I'm just thinking of what could go wrong.
I'll definitley ask the mw for an early scan tomorrow when I see her, but if she says no, DH and I have agreed we'll try to get a private one booked for Monday..

user1819 Tue 24-Jan-17 13:33:21

Helloblush

This is my first baby too! And juSt reading through, I'm around 11 weeks now and my 12 week scan on Monday ! And I have been so nervous and anxious 🤓

Amz26 Tue 24-Jan-17 14:12:05

oliversmummy26 I can't even imagine, it must be so hard after a MC! How many weeks were you last time? I Defo think they will give you one because of your history, but if not Defo pay for it smile it will make you feel better x

user1819 sorry to hear that you're feeling nervous and anxious as well! Have you been feeling like this for a while? Or is it just because the scan is coming up? X

oliversmummy26 Tue 24-Jan-17 16:38:25

It's crazy the difference it makes, I sailed through my pregnancy with DS in complete ignorance of what could go wrong! I had bleeding at 10 weeks and EPU scanned me to find that baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks and there was no heartbeat. The toughest part was that I had been carrying on for two weeks not knowing that my baby had died sad

I'm very doubtful about getting an early scan with NHS, I think they tend to only scan you early if you've had two mc's, but we will see, I'll let you know how I get on..

Amz26 Tue 24-Jan-17 17:29:03

So sorry to hear that oliversmummy26 it must of been awful!!! Make sure you let me know what goes on tomorrow... good luck xx

oliversmummy26 Wed 25-Jan-17 12:26:42

Thanks amz just back from booking in and mw agreed that I should have an early scan to confirm my dates which is good news..no idea when it will be, she's referring me to the hospital so I'll get an appointment through the post, hopefully sooner rather than later as until I see a heartbeat I will continue to worry!

Amz26 Wed 25-Jan-17 13:11:57

Hey.. so glad that your MW agreed to give you an early scan smile let's hope it's soon! Yeah I totally understand where you're coming from seeing the heartbeat Defo helps with being nervous x

Nikita1990 Thu 26-Jan-17 20:51:10

Hi! I too am very nervous and anxious! I'm just over 6 weeks pregnant (not sure exactly as I came of cezerette which messed my period up) and can't help but think something horrid is going to happen sad I want this baby so badly! I'm trying to think positive though. I think I may get a scan in a couple of weeks if my nerves don't subside! My hubby doesn't get why I fret so much! Must drive him insane!!

Congratulations to you!

Amz26 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:08:08

Nikita1990 sorry to hear you're feeling like this! I think it's hard for our partners to understand as much as us as we're carrying the baby so we have a deep attachment!!

I would Defo recommend a scan as it made me feel much better x

oliversmummy26 Tue 31-Jan-17 10:34:14

Hi Amz just wanted to let you know that I had my scan yesterday morning, baby measuring at 8+2 and gorgeous heartbeat flickering was such a relief to see!
Still feeling a little detached and worried, but definitely feel better about things. I had some more brown blood over the weekend and got myself into a major panic about that, but it was all fine. Just need to get past 10 weeks now with no more bleeding and I'll be happy (that's when my mmc started)..
My DS is desperate for a little brother or sister and I really want to give him one!

Amz26 Tue 31-Jan-17 11:52:20

I'm so glad it went well! It's just a relief when you see the heartbeat flickering away!! I understand where you're coming from tho just wanted to get to 10weeks, I'm so nervous too and I haven't been through anything like you sad we can try and keep each other going smile it's so scary when you have bleeding, has it stopped now!? X

Jcd09 Tue 31-Jan-17 12:25:37

Looking for some reassurance and/or advice. This is my first pregnancy and I'm feeling anxious about pretty much everything! I'm around 5wk and breast tenderness varies throughout the day. Did another test today (paranoid I know!) and the positive looked a lot stronger than last week. No other symptoms. Think I'm expecting too much from my body at the moment but it's stressing me a bit too. Is this normal???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now