Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Implantation or early period?

(9 Posts)
Icantthinkofastupidname Sat 21-Jan-17 19:20:19

Just wanting to get some feedback from others who have had similar a situation! I know it's best just to wait and see and not speculate, but sometimes you just need to chat to people!

So, my last period was Dec 25th, and I have pretty regular 31day cycles, so i should be due my period wed 25th. I'm usually on time, occasionally within a day or two, but I can't remember the last time I was this early, could it be an implantation bleed?

This is our first month of unprotected sex, although we weren't day counting or calendar checking and I can't remember exactly when we have had sex (I think it's been around 4 times since the end of my period) so I'm not sure if it will have coincided with ovulation (which would have been around the 11th according to some calculators on Google!)

Started off as a small trace of blood on the toilet paper this morning with no cramps or anything, as the day has gone on, I am getting light pre menstrual style cramps with a bit of an ache lower back and the blood is a bit more significant, it could easily be liked to a first period day for me, if so, tomorrow should be pretty heavy.

No other symptoms. Boobs feel normal. I get tired anyway, so that's normal to me, I'm no more tired than usual. Only different thing was, when hanging laundry out at lunchtime I got very hungry very quickly. I only usually get peckish, not starving that quickly. That could be nothing tho.

What do you think dates wise? (I know that might be hard without knowing if I had sex during my fertile period) Is it more likely to be an early period or implantation? If it is implantation, when should I do a test? Next weekend?

Thanks in advance!

Ljane22 Sat 21-Jan-17 23:16:03

I had what I thought was a period about four days before my (usually regular) period was due. The bleeding only lasted for two days and stopped. I just put it down to stress from moving house. A few days later my boobs felt a bit sensitive so did a test about five days after the initial bleed, which was positive, so it was an implantation bleed. Even though I was on high alert for implantation bleeding it still took me by surprise. See how long your bleeding lasts for, and maybe take a test in a few days. Good luck!

haveacupoftea Sun 22-Jan-17 08:27:55

I think it is very probably your period. Have you had any more bleeding today?

Icantthinkofastupidname Sun 22-Jan-17 08:40:27

Thanks, I think it is an unusually early period. Started to get heavier last night and this morning it was fresh blood red, not the pinky or brown stuff they tell you to look out for!

Now I'll struggle with my ovulation date this time round with my period being so early!

R0xann3 Wed 08-Feb-17 20:20:13

Hi. What happened exactly? Did your period came early? How early? Or did u get ur bfp?
I'm experiencing kinda the same thing, but i think I'm just crazy. I've been spotting for 3 days now, getting heavier than they are saying about implantation bleeding, but lighter than my usual period. it all started 6 days before my expected period sad and
Cheers

Icantthinkofastupidname Thu 09-Feb-17 16:48:56

Hiya, it was 5 days early, which is really unusual for me. I'm occasionally a day early or late, depending on how quick spotting turns to bleeding.

I assume it was my period! I didn't even bother taking a test. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks when February's comes along!

I had spotting all day, then started heavier the next day and continued like a normal period. I didn't take a test as I haven't had any other symptoms and from what I have read th bleeding didn't match an implantation bleed.

I've put it down to starting to take pregnancy vitamins. I have always taken vitamins, so when we decided to stop using contraceptives I switched to a pregnancy one 'just incase' as I think it's the vitamin A in regular multi vits are bad for pregnancy?

Good luck with your bfp!

R0xann3 Thu 09-Feb-17 17:39:30

Yeah, they're saying that Vitamin A should be avoided. I'm just taking Folic Acid, b6 and Calcium, just in case. I'm gonna start taking something more appropriate when I'm actually pregnant and the doctor will prescribe them to me.
For me it was AF, just started my red normal flow couple of hours ago.
Thank you for taking time to reply!
Baby dust!

Icantthinkofastupidname Thu 09-Feb-17 18:50:11

Better luck next month!

I'm just taking the cheap wilko ones, it's only really because I usually take multi vits anyway. I work in a school so I'm always picking up bugs, it might be psychological, but I find the vitamins help! But yeah, I've blames the folic acid for my early period, it does say it helps the growth or whatever of maternal tissue, so I guess it grew my uterus lining to bursting point!

anakai Wed 12-Jul-17 11:46:00

wonder if anyone can shed some light new to this and need aomeone to talk to
i had a mc on 3rd of june at 5 weeks preg and was told to get started straight away i took test 4 weeks later when didnt see a period but was neg now 6 weeks after mc ive started to bleed 2 days ago but really light and colour keeps changing from pink to brown to red to pink but still light all the while could this be implantation bleeding or my first period since mc and when should i take a test does anyone have any ideas or advice thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now