Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Thrush

(5 Posts)
mm81 Sat 21-Jan-17 15:38:19

Help
Is it ok to use canesten cream?
Iam 14+0.
Been to boots for advice was told to see Gp.... on Saturday??? And don't really fancy going to a walkin as it's not at that stage yet..just some discomfort at moment, so trying to nip it in the bud.. did have salty bath last night but it didn't really made much difference. Will repeat tonight.
Anyone has any experience with this please?

dementedpixie Sat 21-Jan-17 17:21:49

You can use the pessary and cream in pregnancy but not the oral tablet. You can buy them over the counter in some supermarkets or send someone else to buy it and don't disclose its for a pregnant person. Use fingers to insert a pessary rather than the applicator

mm81 Sat 21-Jan-17 17:29:50

Thanks very much. Will send DP out now! Cheers for your help x

kathrynelizabeth3005 Sat 21-Jan-17 21:46:45

Might be that you've already bought it but if you need to get thrush medication in the future, it's free with a prescription and mat exemption card. I had thrush when I was around 14 weeks gone and thought hey if I can get the stuff for free why not!? Went to GP and that was that. They gave me the pessery and cream and it cleared up in a few days!
Obviously weekend isn't the ideal time to need to see a GP but they would always be my first port of call if convenient smile
Hope you start feeling better soon- thrush is miserable! X

haveacupoftea Sat 21-Jan-17 21:59:07

I had it a few weeks ago, around 18 weeks, and the GP prescribed me the cream and the pessary with 10% cream...she just said to be careful with the pessary and not to insert fully.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: