Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Period like cramping 39 weeks pregnant

(7 Posts)
salmaahmed Sat 21-Jan-17 08:10:20

I'm having constant period like pain in my lower stomach and back. My stomach has become hard too, thought it was a contraction but it isn't coming and going it's there constantly. Haven't managed to sleep all night, anyone else having this or knows what's happening? Called hospital and they're being useless saying its normal pregnancy muscle pain but it feels like actual period cramping confused

divadee Sat 21-Jan-17 08:18:16

I'm 38+5 and been having exactly this since Monday. Midwife seemed to think it was body gearing up. Getting a bit frustrated with it now after so many days though.

divafever99 Sat 21-Jan-17 08:18:42

I think you may be in the early stages of labour!

ChipInTheSugar Sat 21-Jan-17 08:18:55

At 39 weeks I would think the possibility of it being the start of labour is quite strong, wouldn't you?

Foggymist Sat 21-Jan-17 11:52:50

Labour cramping and period cramping are the same thing, uterine contractions, just obviously one happens when a baby has grown in there. So it's either labour starting or your body doing a practice run, Braxton Hicks. At almost full term it's to be expected, not sure what you thought the hospital might tell you other than you might be in labour and it's totally normal at your gestation.

annlee3817 Sat 21-Jan-17 11:55:52

Time the period cramps, I timed them for 90 minutes and found that they were actually regular at 8 mins apart. My waters started to go half an hour later and six hours after that my DD arrived, so you could be in early labour.

Trulyamnearanear Sat 21-Jan-17 12:31:26

I'm having the same today - 39 weeks. Really not sure if it's wind though. So far it's felt exactly the same.
Do you have what you need just in case?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now