Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Movements 25 weeks

(5 Posts)
harleysmammy Fri 20-Jan-17 22:58:01

Hi, today I went into ward for reduced movement. Yesterday lunch time he was kicking like crazy, I even videoed him moving. After that there was nothing except little flutters VERY low down. Normally he is a very strong mover and I haven't felt flutters since I was 19 weeks. Since then it's always been very strong every single day without fail. I went in today and they said the heartbeat was beautiful and that everything was fine. I'm still a bit panicky as I'm so used to putting my hand on my belly and feeling him roll around. Tonight he has been moving but again, really low down like just above bikini line and below my bump. Normally he is so high up its strange that all of a sudden since yesterday lunch time he's gone really low. The doctors said everything was fine, I just wanna know why he's gone so low all of a sudden? Thanks x

Barefootcontessa84 Sat 21-Jan-17 00:36:36

Babies move position all the time at that stage - there's plenty of room in there! Relax - if you feel him it doesn't matter where (though I used to say I find it pretty uncomfortable when my baby is low down and feels like she's going to kick through my cervix hmm)

annlee3817 Sat 21-Jan-17 07:02:29

I had reduced movements at 24 weeks, I was a little fretful as had what the consultant thought was a small leak of hindwaters and had had steroid injections. The midwife said that they are still so small at that stage and can tuck themselves into corners, or have their back facing the outside of your stomach and kick inwards or be tucked up further down and kicking inwards, so you feel it less. I was like you, able to see the movements from around 20 weeks, all was fine though and when I got to around 28 weeks most movements were pretty obvious smile

harleysmammy Sat 21-Jan-17 11:21:50

Thanks guys, I'm just so used to it feeling different hahasmile x

Titchypanda Sat 21-Jan-17 11:46:53

Keep an eye on movement. My baby was very low down, also anterior placenta, and I didn't feel many kicks but lots of rolling. My situation is different as had an emcs at 25+3 (I'll not go into details here, there is already a thread about it) but the day before, she had been the most active I'd ever known her to be. Never be afraid to get checked out if you're worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now