Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Relatives with colds - am I being crazy?

(4 Posts)
Trulyamnearanear Fri 20-Jan-17 19:20:58

I'm 39 weeks with dc2.
Just on the phone to PIL arranging a visit this weekend (they're 1.5hrs away). At the end of the call we find out FIL has a cold. They ask if that's ok and I say no and cancel the visit.
Dc1 and I have had low level colds since before Xmas and it's made the past few weeks so much harder. I want desperately to be well for the birth, but am I being crazy about this?

pickledparsnip Fri 20-Jan-17 19:23:40

Ordinarily I'd say that was daft, but I had the most hideous cold when I gave birth to ds. It was horrendous and I couldn't smell him for about 3 weeks!

firsttimer12345 Fri 20-Jan-17 19:27:26

DH has been off work with flu all week. I keep getting mad at him for coming near me even though I've had a jab. Only 11 weeks here but pregnant + any other illness must be awful.

Snowflakes1122 Sat 21-Jan-17 06:57:16

You're not being daft! Last thing you need right before birth is a stinking cold!

I wouldn't even entertain visiting a pregnant friend with a cold myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now