Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How hot a bath can i have?

(6 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Fri 20-Jan-17 15:06:19

Heard it shouldnt be hot but what sort of temp? Got a cold sad

Scrowy Fri 20-Jan-17 15:09:33

As hot as you like. The risk is about you feeling faint rather than any risk to the baby.

Joceshe Fri 20-Jan-17 15:23:39

The risk from hot baths is due to changing your core temperature as devoloping baby cannot regulate temperature. Also risks due to becoming faint/drops in blood pressure. Why you cant go in saunas/hottubs during pregnancy as well.

On the flip side/hot baths drop in temperature very quickly so are unlikely to change your core temperature. I continue with very warm baths but always leave my window open to keep the room as ventilated as possible. I also try not to have water temperature hot enough to make my skin red.

Lucinda15 Fri 20-Jan-17 16:00:15

I heard as a rule of thumb if you can get in straight away it's ok, i.e. get in without it stinging or causing u to ease in gently cos of the heat then that's ok. If that makes sense!! Didn't explain it very well lol.

QuilliamCakespeare Fri 20-Jan-17 16:10:56

I kept them to 38 degrees when I was pregnant but would normally have them burny-red-skin hot smile

Soubriquet Fri 20-Jan-17 16:14:36

However hot as you can cope with really

Like a PP said its the risk of fainting

I used to have a nice hot bath to help with my aches and pains but have the window open to help keep me cool if I need it.

I would then lay low if I was cold, sit up if I was hot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now