Talk

Advanced search

35+4 feeling v weak, d&v

(6 Posts)
VikingChallenger Fri 20-Jan-17 14:18:32

A bit worried here. Yesterday couldn't have lunch at work and felt a bit shakey, kept getting hot and cold flushes. Barely made it home. Violently sick around 10pm and since then I keep getting nausea and now I have the runs.
Spent all time in bed since yesterday, managed to keep down (so far) a small bowl of chicken soup and 3 🍌.

What could it be? Don't remember having a bug before so not sure how that feels. I don't have a maternity bag ready yet as I'm not even 36weeks yet and still working full time. I was 2 days overdue with my first

DearMrDilkington Fri 20-Jan-17 14:30:47

It sounds like d&v. Although it's common to have the runs before Labour starts but as your only 35weeks it's more likely d&v.

Just make sure you keep drinking even if you don't eat. It should only last 48hrs so you shouldn't suffer for much longer.

You have my sympathies. D&v is bad enough but having it whilst being pregnant must be dreadful.flowers

Sairelou Fri 20-Jan-17 14:49:35

Do you have any other symptoms? Any headaches or visual disturbances? Is baby moving about as normal?
Keep drinking plenty of water (take sips) and some dioralyte if you have any about.
Please call your midwife if you have any further symptoms or reduced movement from baby.
Hope you are feeling better soon flowers

VikingChallenger Fri 20-Jan-17 14:53:25

No, no other symptoms apart from weakness and the d&v. My intestines seem to be making a bit of a gurgling noise😳
Baby moving fine so far.

Oysterbabe Fri 20-Jan-17 16:29:17

Probably gastroenteritis. DH, DD and I have all had it. Hope it passes quickly!

VikingChallenger Fri 20-Jan-17 21:10:26

Just had another bad spell. I feel exhausted and hungry. I've called the maternity unit and they've advised not to eat anything until tomorrow evening.
I don't know if I can, after being sick I get hunger pains

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now