Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Plus size- where's my bump?

(12 Posts)
user1484913400 Fri 20-Jan-17 12:11:08

Afternoon,
This seems to be something rarely spoken about so I thought I would put it out to other Mummy's to be.
I am plus size, size 18-20 before pregnancy and just wondered if I will get a bump or just look fatter confused
When do plus size ladies usually see a bump of you do get one?

I know every lady is different so it's hard to say, I just wondered what other people have experienced. I just stress that I will never have my bump I'll just be fat confused

Thank you for reading!

drinkyourmilk Fri 20-Jan-17 12:23:51

I'm an 18-20 too. I had a discernible bump by 16 weeks.

user1474068825 Fri 20-Jan-17 12:47:36

I was a size 20-22 before pregnancy and worried that I'd never look pregnant.
It took until 24 weeks for me to notice a bump and a little longer for other people.
Currently 38weeks and most definitely have a bump :-)
I've tried not to gain too much (consultant advised) and I think that's helped a lot! Currently gained 21lbs.
Picture below was at 37+2.
Xx

thumbsupforthesixbillion Fri 20-Jan-17 12:50:25

I'm 17 weeks today and about the same size. I don't think I've got a 'proper' bump yet but my stomach is much firmer and rounding out in to a bump, I'm sure before long I'll be very noticeably pregnant!

GreedyDuck Fri 20-Jan-17 12:55:52

I think my bump began to resemble a proper bump at around 20 weeks. I was a 16/18 when I got pregnant, but also very short (4'11"). By the time I had my DD I looked like I was gestating triplets! I didn't actually gain much extra weight though, partly due to having GD and watching my diet carefully.

I do have tall friends who carried in such a way that they just didn't have a large bump even at full term, more room for the baby to stretch out, so I suppose it really depends on other factors as well, not just how much weight you are already carrying around your midriff.

You definitely won't just be fat! Bumps are hard and look totally different. Don't worry.

sweetchilli77 Fri 20-Jan-17 13:04:55

Same boat.... i was a 20-22 prior and I'm 26 weeks now. I think i just look fatter tbh. I have a bump of sort but i had that before pregnancy hahaha.

Joking aside i am actually getting that "rounder" look

PonyPals Fri 20-Jan-17 13:13:46

Wasn't until 23 weeks that I started getting a bump. I have never felt sexier than when I was pregnant. Congrats and enjoy it!

user1484913400 Fri 20-Jan-17 13:16:46

Thank you so much lady's!!
It's so nice to hear from other women in the same boat.
I look forward to seeing when I get my bumpgrin

user1480264544 Fri 20-Jan-17 13:17:33

in my first pregnancy I didn't start showing until I was 31 weeks! I had no bump and I was a size 12-14 at the time this time round at 12 weeks I have a very noticeable bump!! a close friend of mine stared to get a noticeable bump much much sooner .. maybe around 22 weeks and she was a size 18-20 aswell! By about 30 weeks she looked about ready to pop! I really do think each pregnancy and woman is totally different so it's impossible to know wink x

PinkUnicorn1990 Fri 20-Jan-17 13:21:48

I'm a 16-18 and didn't seem to have a bump for ages! Now 29 weeks and finally look pregnant ☺

Quarksoundslikequack Fri 20-Jan-17 13:41:34

I was a size 16 when I fell pregnant, took until around 20 weeks until I got my bump.

Although I'd say it's becoming more noticeable given the fact I'm losing weight.

haveacupoftea Fri 20-Jan-17 17:03:14

I'm a 20 with really big boobs and at 21 weeks quite frankly I look like a beach ball on legs! I really need to get some empire line tops to make my bump look more like a pregnant bump and less like an enormous spare tyre!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now