Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help! Am I pregnant?

(15 Posts)
Down2thesea Fri 20-Jan-17 11:16:10

I have a nearly 3 yr old and 9 month old who I stopped breastfeeding in November. I haven't had a period yet, the husband and I have dtd about 2-3 times since then. I just took a test as I thought I would've had a period by now and it's come up like this- is this positive? The other line is so faint, could it just be hormones haven't settled? I've been on and off the pill as we've hardly had sex but now I can't believe I could be so risky... really don't know how I'll cope with another baby so soon confused I've always wanted three but wanted to wait a good few years for the last.. oh god

Mummamayhem Fri 20-Jan-17 11:17:22

Um congratulations!

BigApple11 Fri 20-Jan-17 11:18:37

Looks positive to me!

SecretWitch Fri 20-Jan-17 11:19:17

Your test looks positive to me. I'm wishing the best for you, Op.

PacificDogwod Fri 20-Jan-17 11:19:33

Yep, that looks like a positive to me.
I'm uncertain whether to offer congratulations or commiserations? confused

Fwiw, I conceived DS2 5 months after having had DS1....

Down2thesea Fri 20-Jan-17 11:21:00

Oh wow I thought that would be the answer.... in shock right now!!

McBaby Fri 20-Jan-17 11:29:51

That is a really strong positive.

I conceived dd2 while breastfeeding dd1 without a period too! So I know it is a shock!! Phone the gp they will be able to refer you for a quick dating scan asap so they rest of your pregnancy care can be schediled at the right time.

Down2thesea Fri 20-Jan-17 11:34:40

I'm just so mad at myself for not taking the pill properly, also feel sooo guilty for my two boys. My eldest doesn't get enough one on one time as it is and my littlest is still a baby

Rikalaily Fri 20-Jan-17 11:35:07

That is a VERY positive test. As you haven't had a period yet I would request a scan asap because you could be a good few months along!

PacificDogwod Fri 20-Jan-17 11:37:03

Yep, the maternal guilt will finish you off if you let it! wink

Yes, get a scan organised - early pregnancy unit? or GP?

Once you know how far along you are, you can consider your choices better.

Have you told anybody else yet?
I hope you get supportive reactions thanks

bambisims Fri 20-Jan-17 11:38:30

Very strong positive! Second getting in for a scan asap so you know where abouts you are! You'll be fine I'm sure, congratulations 😊

Down2thesea Fri 20-Jan-17 11:40:38

Not told anybody, I think everyone will be shocked but supportive. My husband's not back til tonight, not sure how he'll take it but I think once we get our heads round it we'all be fine. We wanted three but just not yet, but maybe it's better to get all the sleepless nights and nappies out the way in one go???!!!! Eating lots of chocolate right now to calm down

PacificDogwod Fri 20-Jan-17 11:45:49

Chocolate is good smile

I ha 2 close together (1 year gap as DS2 was premature), then a 4 year gap, then 2 closeish together (2 years). And yes, it was a shock to the system to go back to nappies and sleepless nights.
With the benefit of hindsight, I preferred the short gaps, even though it was tough at times.

Whatever you decide, you will do what you have to do and all will be well thanks

MidwifeMama Fri 20-Jan-17 12:26:49

I feel you! That's definitely a positive sister...We have 16 months between our 2 youngest boys...I'm not going to fluff it up for you because I'm sure you want honesty, at times it was hard, neither of them sleeping, terrible twos....eeerrrggghhh! But hey, we all came out the other end, our youngest will be 2 next month & our middle son started pre-school a couple of months ago. & just when we thought everything was getting easier....BAM a big fat positive pregnancy test yesterday! Baby No 7....totally feel you on the guilt front, my hubby seems quiet happy about the whole thing! I'm the one wandering if our 3 boys are going to suffer (3 eldest girls, already flown the nest)....perhaps in time we'll get our heads round it. Xx

Down2thesea Fri 20-Jan-17 12:32:38

Wow, baby no 7!! Congratulations, hats off to you, you must be super mum! Thanks everyone, I'm sure it will be fine once the shock wears off.? I went into work yesterday to talk about when I was coming back! 😳

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now