Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weeks no sickness and boobs hurt less

(22 Posts)
Laurad04 Fri 20-Jan-17 08:08:48

Hi, I'm a first time mum to be and a little over 5 weeks. My boobs always hurt alot each month when my period is due and the same thing happened this time, but then I found I was pregnant then a few days later they were less sore, they are still a little bit achy and my nipples hurt more on an evening. I also haven't experienced sickness yet and I've had more frequent trips to the toilet and abit lightheaded when I get up. Other than a few yawns due to not sleeping properly because of restless legs but I havent really had any symptoms. Will more symptoms kick in later? And is this normal?

MsStricty Fri 20-Jan-17 08:11:21

I found my symptoms really started to take hold at about 6 weeks.

MadgeMak Fri 20-Jan-17 08:12:14

I didn't get any sickness at all with both of my pregnancies.

Laurad04 Fri 20-Jan-17 08:12:43

Ok thank you. I keep reading this online that's it's about 6 weeks, but you can't help but worry. Another thing I've had is hair on my belly which I thought was very early to have.

How far are you now?

DrewOB0 Fri 20-Jan-17 08:13:22

I had barely any symptoms at all apart from a few off days and baby was perfectly happy at 12 weeks scan. Don't read too much into symptoms, you'll stress yourself out unnecessarily.

Laurad04 Fri 20-Jan-17 08:16:00

@madgemack my mum was the same so I thought I'll follow suit. My sister has two children and had sickness. I think im just worried as I read it's a sign of a healthy pregnancy.

Laurad04 Fri 20-Jan-17 08:17:41

Ok thanks Drew. Yes it hards to stay away from the Internet. They should really focus on othere things than just worrying people. I've had on and off light cramps each day they only last a couple of seconds but my sister said this was normal. The unknown is probably one of the scariest things ever.

Laurad04 Fri 20-Jan-17 08:18:53

Ok thanks Drew. Yes it's hard to stay away from the Internet. They should really focus on other things than just worrying people. I've had on and off light cramps each day they only last a couple of seconds but my sister said this was normal. The unknown is probably one of the scariest things ever.

DrewOB0 Fri 20-Jan-17 08:21:38

I had really bad stabbing pains on one side for the first 8 weeks, that's the corpus luteum in ovary. Also normal ( unless bleeding etc )

Samatamfabahaba Fri 20-Jan-17 08:29:30

I'm 21 weeks and wasn't sick once. I don't think it's a "sign of healthy pregnancy" I think it's an awful sign of pregnancy!!! Don't wish it on yourself, you'll regret it!

Lweji Fri 20-Jan-17 08:35:46

All pregnancies are different, so don't worry about symptoms. And 50% of your DNA is from your dad, so you could take after your grandmother. smile
If you suffer nausea and breast pain it will be for about 3 months at least, so be happy if you don't.
Even some spotting can occur.

Laurad04 Fri 20-Jan-17 08:43:37

Ok thanks ladies. I think I might stay of Internet and do the odd post on here. Atleast then I get real experiences. Xx

zaalitje Fri 20-Jan-17 08:47:49

I was just coming on to ask the same question, just over 4 weeks, boobs been SO sore for the past week and a bit and over the last day or two the soreness has almost gone

I had an mmc at 10 weeks just over a year ago and I remember for the week or so before I found out thinking how my symptoms were settling down, then finding out the baby had gone and realising that was why, so scared it will happen again.
I have an amh of 0.6 and was told I wouldn't get preg and would need donor eggs for ivf as I would have nothing worth stimulating. So I'm so scared I'll lose this pregnancy!

Laurad04 Fri 20-Jan-17 09:13:12

Congratulations first, sounds like you've been through it. It is very scary especially as mentioned above, it's the "unknown". My boobs are always sore at the time my period comes but ive always suffered badly with them thought, so I think mine hurt less because I'm pregnant and my body realised I wasn't going to have a period- maybe this is the same for you. My nipples however sting (sorry tmi) im not familiar with the abbreviations to word things in a more subtle way! My sister has two babies and her symptoms varied from day to day so that is hopeful for us smile.

So sorry to hear about your mc last year as well as your other health concerns. I never realised pregnancy would be one big worry from the off.

MouseLove Fri 20-Jan-17 10:47:35

Nearly 8 weeks here and I have absolutely no symptoms. Try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy and stay away from google!!!

Congratulations. X

arbrighton Fri 20-Jan-17 10:58:38

I had nausea from about 5 - 12 weeks but wasn't sick once.

Sore boobs started similar time and have mostly faded now.

Never the same each day.

Now 16+3

Libbylove2015 Fri 20-Jan-17 13:36:25

I had terrible boob pain which stopped very early on (now 12+5) so don't worry. I haven't been sick either, a little bit 'off' certain foods for a while and mildly nauseous, but no where near how some people get - so don't worry.

Remember some people don't realise they are even pregnant until the baby pops out!

Think yourself lucky and get on with life :-)

Laurad04 Sat 21-Jan-17 09:00:55

Thank you. Does nausea just feel like you're going to be sick? I wake up each morning very hungry.

Kelsey28 Sat 21-Jan-17 09:04:11

I was very sick but haven't had boob pain so far or much boobie growth (26 + 4)

Penny85 Sat 21-Jan-17 12:20:41

laura04 like you I suffer badly each month with painful boobs, but now im 15 weeks pregnant, since about week 4 I havent had any pain at all, its been a wonderful relief as it can really get me down! ~I have had no sickness or nausea at all and I have had 2 healthy scans so far. X

raviolidreaming Sat 21-Jan-17 12:57:35

I'm 38 weeks and never had any sickness or nausea. To be honest, I didn't really have any symptoms at all until about 17 weeks!

Laurad04 Sat 21-Jan-17 17:56:23

Thank you.

Penny - ive found that my boobs don't hurt in the day (just a bit on the side) then kill on the night! How bizarre! Tbh pregnancy is like a rolacoster because one minute I feel pregnant and next minute I don't. I am only 5 weeks and 2 days tho. I get mild twinges in my stomach on an evening too. They last for couple of seconds and are on and off for 10 minutes or so. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now