Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

any advice... wwud? am i being stupid?

(12 Posts)
pinkiepie1 Fri 20-Jan-17 00:03:11

So bit of back story so you'll understand...
I went into early labour with my 1st daughter at 23+5. Rang triage because of terrible back ache and thd constant need to wee and got told it was a water infection from multiple midwifes and a doctor.... In end took myself to the hospital and when they even got round to checking me out I was 10cms and nothing the could do.
I gave birth to my daughter at 23+6. She was born alive but we had to switch the machine off 2 days later, the longest and shortest 48hrs of my life.
Fast forward a year and got pregnant with dd2 had to have a cervical stick place due to cervix shrinking... Or whatever word they used... We got to 32 weeks that time and now she is a chatty, 3 year old and you could never tell she was a prem.
So now my actual worry/stress/obsession...
I am currently 23wks pregnant, the whole pregnancy has felt like the first one, so I haven't enjoyed a single part of it, I have distanced myself from it, not intentionally but i know i have. (this wasn't a planned pregnancy)
Now I have had back ache on and off for last few weeks, but tonight its just not going, I am worried/paranoid that's im going to go into labour extremely early again. I wondered if it could be our bed, because dd doesn't like her bed/room and its a memory foam mattress and 3 in a bed isn't good so I've come and laid on her bed.
I just don't know whether to ring hosp or if ill sound like a tit, my dh says even if I ring will I trust what they say anyway or if I see if pain gets worse.
With Dd1 it was literally had back ache through day took myself hosp at 7pm was seen at 10 had her few hrs later. I don't know if im just imagining the pain now or if its really there.
Sorry for long post
Xx

Bringmewineandcake Fri 20-Jan-17 00:05:41

Ring them. With your history you're bound to be more on edge. You'd much rather be a timewaster than the alternative though, wouldn't you?
flowers fingers crossed everything is fine.

Pinkapple47 Fri 20-Jan-17 00:06:44

I'd ring and say that I was coming NOW to be checked over reguardless. I'm certain if you explain your history they will advise you to go get checked over anyway.

drinkyourmilk Fri 20-Jan-17 00:07:09

Call your maternity triage line immediately and explain what you've said here. I can't see them not seeing you. Do you have a cervical stitch in place now?
I'm so sorry you lost your first daughter, no one should have to go through that.

KatnissMellark Fri 20-Jan-17 00:08:40

Definitely ring/go in. Who cares what they think? Your health and your pregnancy is your priority flowers

justkeeponsmiling Fri 20-Jan-17 00:14:54

I used to work in this filed and I can promise you after your traumatic experiences in the past nobody in the hospital/mat unit will think you are overreacting. I should hope you will be asked to come in and be examined and treated with every last ounce of sympathy and compassion the HCPs have in their body.
All the best OP flowers

pinkiepie1 Fri 20-Jan-17 00:19:35

yeah I had the stitch put in at 15week but this time they went overboard with all the things that could happen, miscarriage, preteen labour other things that I cant remember off top of my head.
I know the have to go through all the possibilities but I think I heard them that many times that I've started to obsess over all these things that could go wrong.
And at much as most people love the show, the whole coronation street storyline has really gotten to me in a sence, had people going do you react like that ect, and when I explain how I was its like that was weird because its not how it was on soap. I understand the actors have been through it themselves and good for them, I was only 22 nearly 23 when if happened but think cos its been everywhere and everyone's been talking about it,its brought some fears back to the surface...

pinkiepie1 Fri 20-Jan-17 00:20:50

Im just finding the number and the house phone, so I can ring, thanks for your replies xx

calimommy Fri 20-Jan-17 03:11:57

Did everything go ok?

girlelephant Fri 20-Jan-17 03:24:59

Hope all is ok with you both

HughLauriesStubble Fri 20-Jan-17 09:35:50

Hope you are ok op and got some reassurance. Sorry for your loss flowers

drinkyourmilk Fri 20-Jan-17 10:09:53

Hope you were able to see someone, and that everything turned out fine.
Fwiw I don't think you are overreacting in the slightest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now