Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Maternity work skirts for cold weather

(4 Posts)
RobberBride Thu 19-Jan-17 23:04:07

Sorry to ask again, but you lovely people sorted me out very quickly last time.

I work in a smart yet cold office. Normal uniform at this time of year involves lined wool below the knee/floor length pencil skirts and thick tights and boots.

I'm now down to one warm skirt that vaguely fits (22w). Maternity trousers don't seem to work on me - they fall down. I've just returned a few black maternity tube skirts in disgust as they were basically see through. Has anyone got any to recommend? Or any suggestions for hacks - larger size skirts or wrap skirts that look vaguely ok on a pregnant woman? Any suggestions would be fantastic.

AreWeThereYet000 Thu 19-Jan-17 23:40:03

Next do really nice maternity work wear smile

ConvincingLiar Fri 20-Jan-17 06:50:48

Is it worth focusing on maternity tights for your poor cold legs? I've just bought some 80 denier opaques from Asda click and collect, but I think I might have seen thicker at asos.

I have a thickish skirt from jo jo and a thick stretchy tube skirt from Tesco that's not maternity but is sized up.

amelie427 Fri 20-Jan-17 09:21:20

I have a couple of thick tube skirts, and 120denier tights from Topshop Maternity. Definitely not see-through, and smart with the right top & shoes. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: